Is the headliner worth the Money?

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
If you're leasing, I'd order the Mopar one during the build since it's residualized. If you're not leasing, I'd order without and then go aftermarket after you take delivery.
Sponsored

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
Make your own.... for under $100 and a weekend you can enjoy something that you made and you can use whatever headliner color or pattern you want. I can say mine helps when it is hot out, the A/C doesn't work as hard and it cuts some of the road noise out.

y2kcbr600

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
I have had hothead and boom mat. Hothead's finish is by far the best, however I prefer the boom mat for sound deadening.

spinxt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU
Installed full HotHeads kit in ours. It makes a noticeable difference with interior noise levels coming in from outside. Haven’t had the Jeep during summer yet…. We’ll see how it does when it starts to heat up here in the next month or so….

Wightmn

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
We did the Coverking kit with sound deadening panels from Amazon. Big difference in noise reduction. Stereo sounds better and it looks awesome. Better than the panels in my opinion.

Sponsored

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
Both 4 doors, both Rubicons, both windows rolled up, both were the black default exterior. Mine was about 4-5 degrees cooler.
I've tested my white hard top vs the default black roof on a sunny day and mine is over 20 degrees cooler. White -> best case, Black -> worst case.

Reactions: LCW

Deleted member 59498

They are dust catchers. Crap falling down in your face and breathing in all the time! I will take clean white roof. Wet rag will clean inside top in just a couple moments.

DEdney1775

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0 Sport
We did the Coverking kit with sound deadening panels from Amazon. Big difference in noise reduction. Stereo sounds better and it looks awesome. Better than the panels in my opinion.
Coverking? Do you have a link?

Retrograde

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
I have the factory installed headliner...

Does it make a difference? Yes.
Is it worth the money? Hell no... A month after I got the Jeep, the headliners started falling down, and I had re-install them myself. WTF, Jeep?

jbcrane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21.JLU.6MT.GCM.35.4.88.ZEON12
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technical/Indstrial 3D Animator
Vehicle Showcase
Another vote for yes. I oscillated back and forth before finally just doing it. Really glad I did. The biggest benefit, as @aldo98229 says, is eliminating the bouncing-sound/din reverberating inside the cabin. With bare fiberglass everything is amplified. I noticed it being more quiet and 'snug' feeling immediately. Temperature regulation is also much better and with summer coming you'll feel a whole lot cooler with the head liner. I did the Mopar with the HotHead completion kit filling in the gap towards the back. Lastly, it finishes off the inside nicely... the Mopar panels are a nice, tight weave that look like any other car's headliner. If I had it to do over again I'd do it exactly the same way. Make sure to remove your top to do it - it's much easier... follow the instructions to the letter, especially the part about wiping down the fiberglass before adhering the panels, otherwise the adhesive won't bond and they'll come loose. Mine have stayed firm and perfect for nearly a year now. Just do it -and do it early in your Jeeps life cycle. Then don't look back.

Sponsored

Ed Pursell

First Name
-Ed-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys- 3.6 Pentastar,8 speed Auto, Selec-Trac transfer case
Occupation
Supervisor- MRO Buyer Maintenance- Pet food Mfg.
Yes, my last 2 I had them in. And they were the factory installed. My 2012 didn’t have them. I did see a difference with my 2016 and 2021 Willys Jeeps with the hardtops. When it snowed it didn’t melt on the 2016 and 2021 so apparently it kept the heat inside compared to my 2012.. My last two Wranglers were ordered new, I just had the factory instal but there are better ones. But yes, they do make a difference.

OP
OP

BEACHED WHALE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
I managed to squeeze it in the next morning w/ the dealership. Im more interested in plug-n-play these days. As much as any of us HATE not getting a discount, we function with the tide. Hopefully we can do the same with gas prices.

Usethis83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I have had with and without in JLs and with a JT too. I would go with everytime. I thought it was cooler and much quieter when the mud tires s are singing down the interstate. To each his own, but i think it is worth it for the $

Wightmn

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR