Sponsored

Is the grill on the 392 the same as other JL wranglers or is it from the Gladiators?

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

Only asking because one of the options I wanted was the satin black grill however if I find a jeep that doesn't have it I figured easy enough to put it on after the fact.

I found this one from Mopar but a friend mentioned to check with the forum if it was right because he heard the front grill may actually be from the gladiator which is slightly different.

Here is the part I found.

Screenshot_20210612-160028_Chrome.jpg
Sponsored

thx138

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU '17 GTI
Occupation
IT
The grill on the gladiator is the same as the jl. The inserts are different. That being said there are two grilles based on trim level. Paint your grille, it's easy I did mine with Plasti dip so it can be removed if I want.

Gropax

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Mojito Green
the center part is the same its the 3 outside parts that non rubicon owners have to buy . the 392 is a rubicon grill so all you need is the black satin grill part you end up reusing your center and outer grill molding and the honey comb grill insert that is from a JT. only other part that is different on a 392 is the part where your wiper blades are at and the side cowls they are not the same as a standard JL.

asuperheat

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKU, 21 JLUR 392
I read it was from the Gladiator to allow more free area to cool the radiator. I don't know for sure as mine has been in inspection for 2 weeks now.....

OP
OP
thegame81

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

The grill on the gladiator is the same as the jl. The inserts are different. That being said there are two grilles based on trim level. Paint your grille, it's easy I did mine with Plasti dip so it can be removed if I want.
That's a good point I can probably just paint it. Is it easy to get off and put back. I'm not the greatest diy guy =(

Sponsored

thx138

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU '17 GTI
Occupation
IT
It's very easy when you don't have a winch in the way, six push clips on the top and then pull. There are some videos of how to on YouTube

OP
OP
thegame81

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

It's very easy when you don't have a winch in the way, six push clips on the top and then pull. There are some videos of how to on YouTube
Ok thanks!

aggiechris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 392
Do you have the camera in the front? If so it takes a little work to make it fit.

47E5AE62-0BEA-42E3-AF7B-1485AFB8CED4.jpeg

OP
OP
thegame81

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

Do you have the camera in the front? If so it takes a little work to make it fit.

Jeep Wrangler JL Is the grill on the 392 the same as other JL wranglers or is it from the Gladiators? 47E5AE62-0BEA-42E3-AF7B-1485AFB8CED4
Oh crap good point. I do have the front camera as an option I listed. Guess that will make it harder to remove and paint it?

aggiechris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 392
Nah just have to remove the camera cable and washer connection. No biggie.

Sponsored

OP
OP
thegame81

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

So wait just to confirm if I ordered the grill in the first post that will fit the 392 but I would have to just reuse the mounting hardware from my stock grill and not the mounting hardware that comes with the painted black grill?

I think instead of painting mind id rather just buy the black one then sell the stock one.

Thanks guys if anyone has a link that would be awesome.

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Wrangler392; ā€˜20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
I donā€™t know if the satin black grille comes with the inserts. You would just reuse the gladiator inserts on the 392 and put them on your new grille.

Iā€™d just spray plasti-dip to see if you like the look first. Itā€™s like $12/can. Plus youā€™ll see how easy it is to remove the grille.

*just to clarify. The mounting hardware for the grille is the same. The grille inserts (hexagonal lattices) are different (smaller on the JL vs Gladiator/ 392).
Plasti-dip peels off which is why other people are recommending it.

OP
OP
thegame81

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

I donā€™t know if the satin black grille comes with the inserts. You would just reuse the gladiator inserts on the 392 and put them on your new grille.

Iā€™d just spray plasti-dip to see if you like the look first. Itā€™s like $12/can. Plus youā€™ll see how easy it is to remove the grille.

*just to clarify. The mounting hardware for the grille is the same. The grille inserts (hexagonal lattices) are different (smaller on the JL vs Gladiator/ 392).
Plasti-dip peels off which is why other people are recommending it.
Oh got it, thanks Mike! I am sure I will like the look. I wanted to order it with that option but I couldn't. Ok so the grill I posted in the first post would work and I can order that one! Thanks so much for the help and clarity! :)