Sponsored

Is the FCA "employee price" typically the best one can do on a new Wrangler?

pantheman75

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cherokee Limited, 2023 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
I've read a lot of discussions about various deals people get from different Wrangler dealers. My Dad is a retired FCA worker so I'm eligible for the FCA employee discount. Is the FCA "employee price" typically the best one can do on a new Wrangler or are there dealers that go even lower than that?
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
That's about 5% under invoice and is a good deal, there's a list of dealers that offer that deal in the "list of dealers with competitive pricing" thread has many of them. There's a few that offer a bit lower but unless they are close to you that FCA employee deal is just fine! Don't know if you can apply the Tread Lightly discount on top of the employee deal but you might look into that to save another 1%.

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I’ve been buying cars for a long time, and while I’m no master negotiator I’ve found its impossible to predict when and where you’ll get the best price. Dealer incentives from FCA and the dealer’s own desire to clear out inventory can align to create great buying opportunities. Generally you want to but at the end of the month, quarter or year. And of course you have to be able to walk away if you can’t get what you feel is the best price. Invoice price is basically a meaningless number, but it is a point of comparison between dealers.

I bought my Rubicon from a dealership my son works at. It was pre-owned with 4K miles on it. Supposedly the sold it to me for $500 over their title cost. They also gave me a very good price on my Honda CRV, which I had planned to sell privately.

Jeeps are so popular dealers can get top dollar for them. But I’ve seen threads here where folks are getting Rubis stickered at $55k for $46k. YMMV of course

OP
OP
pantheman75

pantheman75

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cherokee Limited, 2023 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
I’ve been buying cars for a long time, and while I’m no master negotiator I’ve found its impossible to predict when and where you’ll get the best price. Dealer incentives from FCA and the dealer’s own desire to clear out inventory can align to create great buying opportunities. Generally you want to but at the end of the month, quarter or year. And of course you have to be able to walk away if you can’t get what you feel is the best price. Invoice price is basically a meaningless number, but it is a point of comparison between dealers.

I bought my Rubicon from a dealership my son works at. It was pre-owned with 4K miles on it. Supposedly the sold it to me for $500 over their title cost. They also gave me a very good price on my Honda CRV, which I had planned to sell privately.

Jeeps are so popular dealers can get top dollar for them. But I’ve seen threads here where folks are getting Rubis stickered at $55k for $46k. YMMV of course
I'm just trying to get an idea of how the FCA employee price generally compares to some of the better deals people are talking about here; I fully understand that there are exceptions based on market conditions. My last Jeep purchase was one of those exceptions... I got a brand new / untitled 2015 Grand Cherokee Summit with every single option (sticker price near $60,000) in March of 2017 for $40,000 because it was a leftover that they wanted off the lot... I even got private party sales value for my trade :) :) :)

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK

Wow, 17% off?

The absolute best deal I saw was 6.5% below invoice. But that comes out to around 13% of MSRP. I have never seen any deal past 13%.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Seems like a lot to me.
Yeah, I haven't seen a discount higher than 13% in any thread here. Not saying it fails to exist of course. The kicker though if it does exist -- did it involve a trade? If so, that deal is not valid comparison wise.

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Yeah, I haven't seen a discount higher than 13% in any thread here. Not saying it fails to exist of course. The kicker though if it does exist -- did it involve a trade? If so, that deal is not valid comparison wise.
Send to me it was a woman talking about ordering a new Rubicon. Maybe in NY? I’ll see if I can find the thread.

mizzoujake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler 2dr, 2015 Grand Cherokee Altitude
the dealers in Virginia have savings on their website from 13-15% before any negotiating, so I'm sure 17% is doable.

Regarding the OP question, I'd say if you can get 5% under invoice (presumably what employee price is) with no haggle, then I'd say it's a good deal and take it! You may get treated differently, too. I once had GM employee pricing and used it to buy a Tahoe. That dealer treated me like I was a king, including a fair deal on my trade.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I've read a lot of discussions about various deals people get from different Wrangler dealers. My Dad is a retired FCA worker so I'm eligible for the FCA employee discount. Is the FCA "employee price" typically the best one can do on a new Wrangler or are there dealers that go even lower than that?
5% under invoice is your guaranteed price you can get with no haggling. HOwever, you can still pit dealers against each other and say you'll go with whoever can go lowest. Some may take another 1-2% off if they are feeling competitive.

When I got mine of the lot in Feb, 2018 I didn't even have to negotiate. I just looked up the invoice price on the Jeep and calculated the 5% below and told the dealer this was my price. My math was within $100. I didn't think anyone would negotiate further so I took that price but I wish I would have sent the price to a few dealers to see if any would have went lower but I'm sure it wouldn't have mattered much.

In addition, yes there are some dealers doing 5-6% under invoice for anyone off the street but it's likely still a good deal to use your FCA control number as since they'll get kick back on the discount they may go even lower. Your 5% is your guaranteed price with your control number so that's just your starting point. You can definitely see who will go lower, throw in the free oil changes, floor mats, etc.

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
the dealers in Virginia have savings on their website from 13-15% before any negotiating, so I'm sure 17% is doable.
Most of the dealers in Virginia post prices that don't include destination and include every possible discount whether you qualify or not. Those prices are deceiving although their group buys/internet deals tend to be straight forward depending on the dealer (5-7% off invoice).
Sponsored