Sponsored

Is the factory headliner option worth it or better to go HotHead Liner?

TimothyFS

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Reached my highes level of incompetence - Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Well I finally bit the bullit and I just finished installing hothead headliners with Sound Assassin in my 2019 Wrangler. I must say that the whole thing took about 90 minutes and was easy peasy. Just followed the simple directions and watched the install video and skated thought. The quality of the material is very nice to the touch and a nice addition to the bland underside of the top.
Once done I took it our on the road and oh what a difference. Quieter by maybe 30%, which made for better sounds from the speakers. I Parked at the market to get a few things and on returning I noticed the inside temps were much lower. Living in Arizona with 105 degree today sure made a difference. Should have done it sooner. Keep an eye out for holiday sales usually a 10% discount or if your a veteran 10% discount anytime. With my Veteran Discount it came to $493 with Free Shipping. That's for the headliner, side windows and sound assassin.

hhliners1.jpg

hhliners2.jpg

hhliners3.jpg
Sponsored

Springs

First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Rubicon JL 4-Door
Well I finally bit the bullit and I just finished installing hothead headliners with Sound Assassin in my 2019 Wrangler. I must say that the whole thing took about 90 minutes and was easy peasy. Just followed the simple directions and watched the install video and skated thought. The quality of the material is very nice to the touch and a nice addition to the bland underside of the top.
Once done I took it our on the road and oh what a difference. Quieter by maybe 30%, which made for better sounds from the speakers. I Parked at the market to get a few things and on returning I noticed the inside temps were much lower. Living in Arizona with 105 degree today sure made a difference. Should have done it sooner. Keep an eye out for holiday sales usually a 10% discount or if your a veteran 10% discount anytime. With my Veteran Discount it came to $493 with Free Shipping. That's for the headliner, side windows and sound assassin.

Jeep Wrangler JL Is the factory headliner option worth it or better to go HotHead Liner? hhliners3

Jeep Wrangler JL Is the factory headliner option worth it or better to go HotHead Liner? hhliners3

Thanks for sharing

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
Also, Hot Heads includes the sound assassin strips and the optional rear window surrounds for those wanting a more complete look.

Heads up though, part of the install can get a bit messy if you don't pull the roof off to do the job. It's the sanding required to properly prep the areas that the 3m tape gets applied. I think this is what the factory doesn't do, resulting in the panels dropping. They also might not use as good of a quality tape, as the hot heads 3m.
Sanding your hard top sounds a bit intimidating to many. We don't instruct people to sand their hard top, rather lightly scuff with the included piece of high grit sand paper. Doing this is important to help with a better adhesion of the 3M VHB tape to your hard top. You won't damage your hard top or notice any marks with doing so.

Here's a quick [video] of me describing our Preparation Instructions regarding the scuffing.

If you don't want to take your hard top off (we think installation is easier with it on), here's another quick [video] on how we Clean the Dust caused by the light scuffing.

Thanks,
-Mark

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ

We're glad that you had a great experience. We actually sell a lot of our headliners down in Arizona. It's a pretty rough climate so I'm glad we're able to help. Thanks for sharing and thank you for your service!

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Two years on and all is well with my Hotheads liner. Quiet and comfortable. For the winter I went back to the freedom panels instead of using the Bestop Sunrider in the salt and grime.

Wow

Thanks again Mark. Great product. :fist bump:

Sponsored

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
Two years on and all is well with my Hotheads liner. Quiet and comfortable. For the winter I went back to the freedom panels instead of using the Bestop Sunrider in the salt and grime.

Wow

Thanks again Mark. Great product. :fist bump:
You're welcome. Thanks for sharing!