Do you have a source for this info? It's great info, I'm just weary of internet lolThat’s not true. eTorque does indeed fix the crappy, buggy ESS system. But it does more than that:
* Rotates the driven wheels a half turn at take-off, thereby reducing driveline stress at the moment of maximum stress.
* Smooths out transmission shifts.
* Runs most electrical systems at speed so engine doesn’t take the parasitic loss.
* Provides rev matching on downshifts.
* Light regenerative braking.
* And, of course, auto start/stop.