Sponsored

Is the EcoDiesel still desirable?

RocknJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Not my fault that I get great mileage its a fact. You obviously are biased other folks on here report similar results with the same setup. I seldom drive faster then 65. The gas motor absolutely SUCKS fuel in comparison under the same driving conditions and is a total TURD to drive comparatively. Its funny seeing you try to argue though!
Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Wow. Crazy how people change in such a short time……….:CWL: The ole weatherman went from a diesel lover to a basher and electric basher to a lover. Come on……..

Jeep Wrangler JL Is the EcoDiesel still desirable? 2D2EA178-4585-4704-B0D2-FE142EE166E0

Jeep Wrangler JL Is the EcoDiesel still desirable? A3499129-BD86-41C1-805A-BC37A3DAF9C4

Tread4Lo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22'JLURD
Don't get me wrong, people can change their minds. That is good in this day in age, but don't bash on something you once praised.

The underlying issue is not the diesel sucking. It's the current economy that sucks! It will swing back and then the 4xe will be a little less desirable. I guess when that happens, the diesel folks can start a "is the 4xe still desirable" thread.

Rolling heavy

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda civic si coupe, 2017 honda civic EXLHB,
Ordered a JLUWD (willy's diesel) in
Nov 21, arrived Feb 22. Ht, 8.3 etc. My opinion, Phenomenal performance given its curb weight, It's been actively participating on fuelly.org since the day I picked it up and have one of the most comprehensive records of Is wrangler diesels on that website for 2022.
0 mechanical issues.
MPG read out's never been set back to 0 since new currently stating 30.2 MPg's
No offense to anybody but personally would not even consider any of the other engine options as I view them as antiquated, And not suitable for a vehicle that weighs close to 5000 pounds.
Not sure what some commenters are talking about on forums about brakes the diesel comes with heavy duty bigger brakes And are quite adequate if not overkill for what a Jeep was designed to do it's not a sports car.
I'm 60 years old and have owned almost 40 different cars in my lifetime and this by far is one of my favorite vehicles.
Another issue I don't understand is people complaining about the cost of maintenance the Jeep requires one oil change a year if you can't afford that you shouldn't be buying a $50000 vehicle.
4500 miles Def tank still over 1/2 full
And lastly longer warranty bigger more Robust transmission, Heavy duty front end parts and Dana 44 front end without the limited slip often overlooked and not talked about it may not be referred to as the dana 44 but it is the same front end minus the limited slip. ?

Mudduck

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4door
I’m big on diesel motors. The added maintenance and fuel costs are negligible to me. I would love to get into a used one and build it on tons and 40s over a 392 (definitely mind the premium cost.). With that said, I won’t. If someone had the time and balls to figure out deletes and tune for one, then I’d be all over it.
some one has figured this out..... Check the Ram forums. GD tune, and a couple others out of Canada. My Ram was deleted and it was one the best diesel motors I owned, and extremely fun.

Sponsored

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
some one has figured this out..... Check the Ram forums. GD tune, and a couple others out of Canada. My Ram was deleted and it was one the best diesel motors I owned, and extremely fun.
Do you have a deleted and tuned WRANGLER? All deletes and tunes I’ve come across were specifically for the Ram or Cherokee. I did recently stumble across a company in Canada now offering a delete and tune for the Wrangler EcoDiesel.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
18K on mine with the GDE tune and 37" KO2's and never get less than 23 mpg with a high of 28 in the mountains where there are no stop signs.

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
Wait a minute...

"...a vehicle that weighs close to 5000 pounds" and "...a $50000 vehicle"
I guess mine does weigh closer to 5000 lbs than 6000 lbs, but not too much. I also don't know of this mythical $50k JLU. ?

You might want to check your DEF consumption, though. Consensus seems to be around 2.5-3% of fuel. I get ~3500-4200 miles per DEF tank over the last 25k miles. Of course your usage will cause some variation. The 5.1 gallon tank in my JL seems to last about half as long as the 8 gallon tank in my WK2.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Wait a minute...

I guess mine does weigh closer to 5000 lbs than 6000 lbs, but not too much. I also don't know of this mythical $50k JLU. ?

You might want to check your DEF consumption, though. Consensus seems to be around 2.5-3% of fuel. I get ~3500-4200 miles per DEF tank over the last 25k miles. Of course your usage will cause some variation. The 5.1 gallon tank in my JL seems to last about half as long as the 8 gallon tank in my WK2.
Yeah, I took mine to a CAT scale when I bought it to have a baseline: 5,660 pounds for a loaded AEV JL370.
Sponsored