Sponsored

Is the Convenience Group worth it?

jo_xj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ
I'm ordering a Willys soon, and all the dealers I've spoken with tell me the Convenience group is required if I choose the Cold Weather group. I did want Cold Weather, but now I'm asking myself do I really want Cold Weather if it's going to cost me $2400.

The website only lists the following features of the Convenience group:
  • Universal Garage-Door Opener
  • Remote-Start System (Unavailable with some configurations)
But remote-start comes with Cold Weather, so I'd be paying $1000 extra for a garage door opener? $2400 for heated seats and a garage door opener!?

Are there any other benefits of the Convenience group? I might just get rid of the Cold Weather group altogether to save $2400.
Sponsored

Punkn89

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Jeep site has cold weather for $1095 and convenience for $795 once selected on the Willy's trim. So it should only be $1890 and I would say it is well worth it.

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I think cold weather also gets you heated side mirrors? I'm pretty sure mine did. I know the garage door opener was expensive AF even on my 2021 but I use it a lot.

Not that I couldn't use a stand-alone opener. Having it tied to vehicle power is nice since someone can't get in and use it to open my garage unlike a stand-alone opener.

If you live somewhere where it gets cold, the heated seats and wheel are quite nice to have as well.

I guess only you can decide if some of these features are worth the price.

Plumbean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon XR
Remote start with the heated seats is a really great thing if you live where it is cold and park outside. Nicest feature upgrade for me as compared to my prior ride.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Are proximity locks part of the convenience group? Between the heated seats, remote start, and proximity locks I'd say they are worth $2400 to me. We still camp in a tent and don't bring a heater. 20⁰ mornings after packing up camp the seat heaters and steering wheel heater are worth $2400 to me.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jo_xj

jo_xj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Jeep site and newest order sheet show $1,395 for Cold Weather and $995 for Convenience.

OP
OP
jo_xj

jo_xj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ
I don't have a garage at the moment, but could some day. So I guess I'm wondering if it offers any benefit to someone without a garage? Can the buttons be repurposed or anything else?

OP
OP
jo_xj

jo_xj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Are proximity locks part of the convenience group? Between the heated seats, remote start, and proximity locks I'd say they are worth $2400 to me. We still camp in a tent and don't bring a heater. 20⁰ mornings after packing up camp the seat heaters and steering wheel heater are worth $2400 to me.
That's a good point. I do plan to be camping with my Willys, so the heaters could come in handy there too.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

A hidden benefit of the cold weather group that often gets overlooked is long road trips. That seat heater feels mighty nice on your back when you've been sitting there for a few hours.

I've never done it, but the garage door buttons are just standard HomeLink, AFAIK - should be at least possible to tie it to various other things that might be useful.

Also, I'll echo others - remote start alone is worth the $2.4K, IMO, even as a garage-owner.

Sponsored

garykk

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Retired
The heated seats and steering wheel are sure nice on cold mornings.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
That's a good point. I do plan to be camping with my Willys, so the heaters could come in handy there too.
More than handy. When winter camping they're the reason why you get out of bed in the morning. They can be like a wireless recharging pad sometimes.

I rarely use remote start. My JL is in a garage that loves to be 42 degrees (heaters come on below 40) so there's little point to it. But it's a godsend while winter camping. Very worth it.

Punkn89

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Jeep site and newest order sheet show $1,395 for Cold Weather and $995 for Convenience.
Maybe it is different for my zip code, weird.

E1DDDA8C-0E0D-4B52-AE15-043CA59DD4B7.png

FFF2DFBC-75C0-408C-AAC1-D63BA8B3B945.png

drpericak

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Earl JLU Rubicon
Occupation
dentist
A hidden benefit of the cold weather group that often gets overlooked is long road trips. That seat heater feels mighty nice on your back when you've been sitting there for a few hours.

I've never done it, but the garage door buttons are just standard HomeLink, AFAIK - should be at least possible to tie it to various other things that might be useful.

Also, I'll echo others - remote start alone is worth the $2.4K, IMO, even as a garage-owner.
Look at all of you fancy automatic transmission drivers with your fancy remote starters....

BigLebowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 4xe 1999 Mazda Miata
WOW! There is no rhyme or reason to package prices. These are the packages in Canada. This is on a 4 door. The smokers group is more expensive for some reason.

Jeep Wrangler JL Is the Convenience Group worth it? 1674844267418
Sponsored