Sponsored

Is the “tail light bracket” different for LEDs than halogen?

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
The installation video for the Oracle flush-fit LED tail lights uses an OEM LED tail light for demonstration purposes. Transferring the 3-point bracket between the OEM light and the Oracle light is compulsory. I didn't notice any difference between the bracket evident in in the video (again, used on a factory LED tail light) and the brackets that were installed on my factory halogen tail lights.

The foregoing would make sense because the sheet metal on the rear of the vehicle is the same regardless of trim level, meaning the attachment method for the tail lights -- using the long plastic white bolt -- would probably have to be the same irrespective of their lighting configuration.

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
The installation video for the Oracle flush-fit LED tail lights uses an OEM LED tail light for demonstration purposes. Transferring the 3-point bracket between the OEM light and the Oracle light is compulsory. I didn't notice any difference between the bracket evident in in the video (again, used on a factory LED tail light) and the brackets that were installed on my factory halogen tail lights.

The foregoing would make sense because the sheet metal on the rear of the vehicle is the same regardless of trim level, meaning the attachment method for the tail lights -- using the long plastic white bolt -- would probably have to be the same irrespective of their lighting configuration.
Thank you