Married2MyJeep

Married2MyJeep

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Very nice. An original MB for sure, but the real original was a Bantam. That may be a Willys or Ford built.
Got it! Well sort of. Hearing you guys throw out things like 'MB' and 'Bantam' reminds me of just how ignorant I am lol

OP
OP
Married2MyJeep

Married2MyJeep

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Looks like a Willys. But a fine condition one. See alot here in Colorado. Kinda want one but only allowed one fun car at a time. (miata)
Two questions for you sir:
1) How can one distinguish between a Willys and a Ford built?

2) If your Miata is your fun car, what does that make your Wrangler? Lol

OP
OP
Married2MyJeep

Married2MyJeep

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
It looks like the Jeep has put on some weight over the years.

Not that I know how THAT feels :giggle:
True story! But don't be too harsh on him, he's on a diet plan now and already shed a little weight since the JK :LOL:

OP
OP
Married2MyJeep

Married2MyJeep

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I'm no expert, but the vanity plate says 1942. The size difference....wow.
Haha I totally missed that when I was snapping pics on site! Good catch, guess the enthusiasm at the chance encounter got to me!

And big yes on size. Looks like a toy car next to the JLU

Sponsored

OP
OP
Married2MyJeep

Married2MyJeep

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
The modern wrangler is a pig. But that’s what happens when people demand more government.
#TheStruggleIsReal

On a semi-related note, I was just discussing with someone how the best way to improve mpg on a vehicle is to simply make it lighter weight. Instead, they focus on aerodynamics because we consumers demand massive vehicles to take trips to the grocery store in. I guess us Wrangler guys can at least tell ourselves our heavy hog is justified because we can take ours off road (even though they say only something like a quarter percent actually will). But I digress

OP
OP
Married2MyJeep

Married2MyJeep

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Here is Dad's old Jeeps

Jimmy028 (2013_12_09 03_04_44 UTC).JPG

Jimmy111 (2013_12_09 03_04_44 UTC).JPG

Franklin Shop (2013_12_09 03_04_44 UTC).jpg
How cool is that! Must have been really neat growing up around those and bringing it full circle with your own. That first one is so different, I mean I see tractor when I look at it, especially since it has that mesh grille vice the traditional bars. Anyway, good stuff brother, thanks for sharing!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Married2MyJeep

Married2MyJeep

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I had to do the same thing last year. Lol
Good stuff man, way to elevate this post!! I notice a few differences that ha 've me curious, such as the panels under the windshield, light guards, and soft top. I was asking earlier how you can spot the manufacturer differences in the early models, and I wonder if these could be some examples? Also, did you happen to catch the year on that one, or any other info?

OP
OP
Married2MyJeep

Married2MyJeep

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
When you think about it, and compare two-door JLs to the original, it’s actually kind of amazing how little has changed. They’re very similar stylistically, they’re even proportionally similar, they’re just obviously quite different scale-wise and technology-wise.
Great points! I was actually a little stunned to see how much inspiration can still be traced from front to back. From the grille, fenders, and windshield, to even the tire carrier. It's just really neat to see!

MyJlU

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Sport
Occupation
Sr Product Line Researcher
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you! Now please teach me to spot the subtle differences between them. Make me like you, sensei!!
Willy’s have 7 slot Grills and the Fords have 8, I am far from an expert but I learned this from my grandfather. One of the awesome thing that has been handed down between the generations of my family.
Sponsored