Sponsored

Is Oracle Oculus the best headlights still? Or something else?

srt20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
Done with the halogens.
Is Oculus still considered the best headlight upgrade? Something newer? Strictly headlights, I dont care about any color shift stuff.
Sponsored

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Let us know if you have any questions regarding the Oculus! We still think they're the best ;)

diggerdpilot

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler 2 door, 2000 TJ 2 door, 2017 4 door Wrangler
Let us know if you have any questions regarding the Oculus! We still think they're the best ;)
Hi Oracle, I too am done with the halogens, and colors are a huge deal to me. How and what are the differences between going with an LED bulb, or a true replacement headlight? I like the price point of the bulb, but not sure if the stock halogen housings will aim LED light as well. Thanks!

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Hi Oracle, I too am done with the halogens, and colors are a huge deal to me. How and what are the differences between going with an LED bulb, or a true replacement headlight? I like the price point of the bulb, but not sure if the stock halogen housings will aim LED light as well. Thanks!
Hey there, Steve! A bulb upgrade will give you an improvement in light output and a more attractive color. You will need to be careful to make sure they are aimed correctly so you don't blind other drivers, but they will give you a great option.

If you are looking for a superior aim, focus, and cutoff, we would recommend going for the Oculus. You'll get more precision and a whole new look to the frontend.

Bulbs are great, and the Oculus are even better. Either way, you can get a discount by using code forum10!

Last edited:

monkey6

First Name
Korie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS 2.0T, 2021 JTM
I can definitely recommend the Oculus lights. Have had them on for about 8 months, and they are absolutely amazing compared to the halogen lights. I would never recommend putting LED or HID bulbs in the stock reflector housing. It does not aim the beam properly and you will be blinding everybody. The Oculus lights have a sharp cut-off and will not blind oncoming traffic.

Sponsored

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Our lights even outperform the factory $$$ Mopar LED headlights in every measurable category!

wall_test_1_1024x1024.jpg

wall_test_2_1024x1024.jpg

wall_test_3_1024x1024.jpg

These also come in 3 different color choices now so even more of a selection to find exactly what you are looking for.

oculus_bezels.png

_thewick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
@ORACLElights Do the Oculus' have an amber turn signal function on the halo? Do you offer a light with this function?

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
@ORACLElights Do the Oculus' have an amber turn signal function on the halo? Do you offer a light with this function?
The Oculus lights do not have a turn signal feature, but they do have a DRL feature. We do have led replacement bulbs for the turn signal as well.

_thewick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
The Oculus lights do not have a turn signal feature, but they do have a DRL feature. We do have led replacement bulbs for the turn signal as well.
Thanks!

Sponsored

Tadek6

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2019 4dr Rubicon / 2015 Jeep GC SRT
Our lights even outperform the factory $$$ Mopar LED headlights in every measurable category!

wall_test_1_1024x1024.jpg

wall_test_2_1024x1024.jpg

wall_test_3_1024x1024.jpg

These also come in 3 different color choices now so even more of a selection to find exactly what you are looking for.

oculus_bezels.png

@ORACLElights - I see on your site you can ship to the UK and our light set up is different in that we have the OE halo bulbs as standard but no wiring so they are deactivated for our market. Do your lights come with all the wiring required (eg. don't have to use existing wiring) as we don't have the same config as the US.

Thanks

Nick

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Nick, thank you for inquiry. Our headlights plug into the factory harness, and the wiring is only for the halo part, which goes into the ignition fuse.
I am not sure what else is needed for the UK lights as far as wiring is concerned.

Tadek6

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2019 4dr Rubicon / 2015 Jeep GC SRT
Nick, thank you for inquiry. Our headlights plug into the factory harness, and the wiring is only for the halo part, which goes into the ignition fuse.
I am not sure what else is needed for the UK lights as far as wiring is concerned.
Ok - that sounds like it wouldn't be a problem. I read on the forum that there is a white wire missing from the harness to the halo on UK/EU models so they can't be switched on.
As this is a whole light replacement and the halo wiring goes elsewhere then that should eliminate the problem.

Many thanks for your reply..........now to decide on color or no color :like:
Sponsored