multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Your heat is dry big difference with 70% humidity and 100 degrees down here. I tried this time with the open Rubi but tired of sweat running in eyes. :whew::sun:
Dude Iā€™m from Florida where 100% humidity and 95 degrees is pretty much normal in the summer so I get it. I also lived in central TX for a while. Texas is somewhere between Florida and the Mojave desert (both literally and in terms of heat/humidity).

I thought I knew what hot was but I really didnā€™t know shit till I experienced 120+ degrees in Death Valley. Itā€™s like nothing else.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Dude Iā€™m from Florida where 100% humidity and 95 degrees is pretty much normal in the summer so I get it. I also lived in central TX for a while. Texas is somewhere between Florida and the Mojave desert (both literally and in terms of heat/humidity).

I thought I knew what hot was but I really didnā€™t know shit till I experienced 120+ degrees in Death Valley. Itā€™s like nothing else.
I understand. I was just giving you a hard time. šŸ˜Ž :like:

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I went full naked for the first time for few days. It was fun, want to try windshield folded next.

Jeep Wrangler JL Is open Jeep a dying art? E10A2C88-0012-41D9-860E-6AFE7CDEEF27

Sorry if I step out of line. But just what do you mean Kinda Homeless? Is that a Joke?

Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Sorry if I step out of line. But just what do you mean Kinda Homeless? Is that a Joke?
I donā€™t technically have a home. I have a 100% travel job and regularly extend my rotations out as long as possible (no wife or kids). So I collect a bunch of points and in my off time, I still travel around staying in hotels. Sometimes I will stay with family or camp somewhere interesting.

I have been truly homeless though in my early to mid 20s living in whatever car I owned at the time. Long story and no, it didnā€™t involve drugs... But now in my 30s, I find it hard to live on my own without basically living in one room.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I donā€™t technically have a home. I have a 100% travel job and regularly extend my rotations out as long as possible (no wife or kids). So I collect a bunch of points and in my off time, I still travel around staying in hotels. Sometimes I will stay with family or camp somewhere interesting.

I have been truly homeless though in my early to mid 20s living in whatever car I owned at the time. Long story and no it didnā€™t involve drugs... But now in my 30s, I find it hard to live on my own without basically living in one room.
I have seen your post before and had read that on your profile. Well, that kind of took my words away. Least you have flexible job and apparently happy with what you do so that is good.

I hope all works out for you and your future. Take Care and be safe!!!

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
People are demanding jeeps with great sound systems, proximity locks, zero wind noise, zero road noise, perfect climate control, and luxury electronics...and then find it too complicated to get their top down and doors off.

Oh, yes...also, it messes up their hair.

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch

I have been truly homeless though in my early to mid 20s living in whatever car I owned at the time. Long story and no, it didnā€™t involve drugs... But now in my 30s, I find it hard to live on my own without basically living in one room.
Working on the road teaches a person to not be materialistic in my opinion. I still live at home but work out of town so im rarely home. Its so overwhelming coming back to all this STUFF when youre so used to hotel rooms and camps all the time. And then you have to make your own bed and food at home which sucks šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
Working on the road teaches a person to not be materialistic in my opinion. I still live at home but work out of town so im rarely home. Its so overwhelming coming back to all this STUFF when youre so used to hotel rooms and camps all the time. And then you have to make your own bed and food at home which sucks šŸ˜‚
who makes their own bed..... lo i damn sure dont. just gonna mess it up again later.

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
i run my top down as much as i can. doorless is a little more challenging in northern va. the weather is very unpredictable in the summer months, people drive like idiots, and when it gets hot and ur caught in traffic it is rather miserable.

OP
OP
sf5211

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
So I now have to make punishments for my wife and get thisā€¦my mother in law who now has jumped on the ā€œitā€™s too windyā€ or ā€œIā€™m chillyā€ bandwagon.
I wait through the long chilly Fall and long cold winter for the what? maybe 25-30 days between 70-83 degrees we get here in NY. Using the Jeep only on weekends thatā€™s maybe 4 times?
Iā€™ve tried to take preemptive strikes by having hooded sweatshirts in the Jeep for them but I get every excuse from chilly to Iā€™m afraid the wind is going to make my hearing aid blow out. (You canā€™t make this s**t up).
Todayā€¦79 perfect degrees and whata ya think? I get ganged up on. Read on for the solution.
On the way to Conn. for a BBQ I get pushed to close the roof, 3 windows and how nice of them, I got to leave the drivers window open about 3 inches. The Jeep was getting stuffy quick and so was my anger. After 5 minutes I close the last window and set the auto air. Perfect weather and Iā€™m closed up like a city bus.
At 56 years old I love rock music from soft rock to metal. I put on a playlist of Pantera, Fear Factory, Overkill, Metallica etc. I rattled their brains.
Conclusion: About an hour in my wife asks ā€œcan we get a breakā€? I say nope. We get to the bbq, wifeā€™s bitchin about the trip. I say ā€œroof closed on a gorgeous day music goes onā€. My mother in law says ā€œIā€™d rather put up with the wind then hear that musicā€
Hahahaha I win.
Hope you enjoyed the story, sorry so long but true story.

Chazdog

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Honda Pilot for now
I feel a need to resurrect this thread on this glorious day in the northeast. I just got back from a 20 mile bike ride down the coast and back and saw more than 30 Jeeps, mostly JLs and JKs but a few TJs and CJs. It hit me that all of the older Jeeps and 2 door newer models were rolling open air while the JLUs were buttoned up tight. Not even a cracked window. Itā€™s 75-80 degrees and sunny here, a perfect day really.

It indicates, to me anyway, just how much the profile of the current Jeep buyer has changed. Iā€™m trying not to judge, I guess I just donā€™t get why one would buy one of these awesome Jeeps if theyā€™re going to ride around in a hermetically sealed vehicle.