Is open Jeep a dying art?

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Top off makes it a convertible, top and doors off make it a Jeep!
Sponsored

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
I'm the open air type. All I can do is sadly shake my head at the buttoned up Jeeps when the weather is gorgeous as it was this past weekend here in SW FL.
When the weather is iffy, I'll at least have the sunrider flipped back and the windows down.
Great pic btw !!!

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
I just put my top and doors back on last week. It had been without either since the end of a February. I reckon it doesn’t get driven much but still. I’ll probably pull the top off again this weekend to head to the beach next weekend.

Sponsored

Micky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
people in general want a/c, not fresh air. its why most people drive with windows closed.

Me, windows open most of time when temp is over 60, roof panels off when temp in 70s or more. It rains where i am and no garage, so i do put tops back on. if to hot.... i drive faster.

Doors or top come off when its dry for several days.

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
Went to the beach for a run and on the way out there was a JLUSa next to me at the light all buttoned up. Window not even cracked a bit despite it being a gorgeous day in the low 70s and sunny.

All i could do was just sit there thinking to myself "but why?"

m(a)ce

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR AEV 2.5/37” KO2s
NJ did have GREAT weather in the last few days. Nice Jeep.

I just sold my JK with half doors, but I drove it with all sides off as often as I could. Love the open air experience. I always did keep the top on as I appreciate the shade and I really couldn’t fold it down because I had a roof rack. Ha ha.

Jeep Wrangler JL Is open Jeep a dying art? 7256C49C-EEBD-4B06-A9A6-AA12C7FD5875
Jeep Wrangler JL Is open Jeep a dying art? 7256C49C-EEBD-4B06-A9A6-AA12C7FD5875
thanks man!

always loved seeing your rig rolling around central Jersey. 🤙

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
thanks man!

always loved seeing your rig rolling around central Jersey. 🤙
What? You’ve seen my “old” Jeep? So we must be close. Once I get my new one, we should chat about mods.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
How in the world does anyone ride a motorcycle if Jeep owners are an indication of concern about the weather that they never take the tops and/or doors off? Motorcycle folks have better weather apps I suppose.
I'd wager that there are fair weather bikers likely in similar proportions to fair weather Jeepers.

It was 50°F when I went for an early morning drive today, top down, shorts on, heat up to Full. If I'm honest, I'm glad it warmed up to 60°F by the time I was on the return leg.

Anyway, some of us are made of sterner stuff. ;)

Sponsored

amnesiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
Not calling for rain til Wednesday now!

Jeep stays naked a few more days!

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'd wager that there are fair weather bikers likely in similar proportions to fair weather Jeepers.

It was 50°F when I went for an early morning drive today, top down, shorts on, heat up to Full. If I'm honest, I'm glad it warmed up to 60°F by the time I was on the return leg.

Anyway, some of us are made of sterner stuff. ;)
I guess I will have to show my Record for going topless in winter. This was in my Sahara with Sky One open and rear panels off. I did run the heater but wore a good size coat.

Went to and from work which was 15 miles oneway. People looked at me like that Jeeper is nuts. But I love the cold and would love to move to Alaska but my wife cannot take the cold.

Broke the old record at 31 degrees and then set a record at 21 degrees.

I did not have my Top-Lift Pro this winter when the arctic blast hit Texas so didn't have the top off my Rubicon or I would have tried that time. We hit -2 one morning and had half a week with highs 8 to 15 degrees.

Next Winter I will try for a new record in my Rubicon. I have the cold weather package so that will help a lot.

Temp 31 Broke my record..jpg

Record.jpg

jpjpjp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX, Cherokee
Nice! Gauntlet thrown to other jeepers. They can go home and warm up with the TX based Solo firepit. Just bought mine last night! (Big memorial day sale on them for those interested)

If one doesn't buy a Wrangler for the doors/tops off and/or you don't rock crawl, I am not sure why one buys a Wrangler.

I guess I will have to show my Record for going topless in winter. This was in my Sahara with Sky One open and rear panels off. I did run the heater but wore a good size coat.

Went to and from work which was 15 miles oneway. People looked at me like that Jeeper is nuts. But I love the cold and would love to move to Alaska but my wife cannot take the cold.

Broke the old record at 31 degrees and then set a record at 21 degrees.....

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Went to and from work which was 15 miles one way. People looked at me like that Jeeper is nuts. But I love the cold and would love to move to Alaska but my wife cannot take the cold.

Broke the old record at 31 degrees and then set a record at 21 degrees.

Jeep Wrangler JL Is open Jeep a dying art? Record
My record in the Wrangler is 27°F. I can say I've done it, but I'm in no hurry to repeat the experience. I wasn't wearing my warmest coat, though. Cloth seats; no Cold Weather pkg niceties.

My record on the motorcycle is 15°F, with a calculated -10°F windchill. That ride showed me the limits of my heated gear, and me.

With the foregoing in mind, rolling out in the Jeep, in shorts, before the mercury reaches 60°F isn't as bad as it sounds. This morning's drive started out at 70° or so, which was darn pleasant. :)
Sponsored