Sponsored

Is open Jeep a dying art?

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Air quality index was 155 yesterday. I had the sunrider closed and the A/C recirculating. Shame too as it was a decent day otherwise (break from the heat).

Bulletbill

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I have the sky one touch roof, are you sure you are not seeing a lot of those on the road? Mine is open all the time, but from a distance looks closed.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have the sky one touch roof, are you sure you are not seeing a lot of those on the road? Mine is open all the time, but from a distance looks closed.
We use our (SOT) early in morning here but later its closed. My Rubi is closed for summer. I have the TPL which takes only few minute's to remove top but not doing it until Fall. I do see some SOT's around DFW. Not many in my part of DFW.

Last edited:

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I went with the soft top only on both Jeeps as if it’s above 55 and not raining? Top down. It’s like being outside… but in a car… but outside!
My record with the soft top in the Sunrider position was 27F. I took delivery of my new Jeep in late October, and I was determined to see blue gray any skies above me before the snow started, lol. I won't be doing that again anytime soon.

I have the sky one touch roof, are you sure you are not seeing a lot of those on the road?
Funny you should mention that. I can't recall ever seeing a SOT-equipped JLU on the road, or even on my selling dealer's lot (not that he's had any new Wranglers in inventory for some time now). I've only ever seen them in forum photos...and there's no shortage of Jeeps on our local roads, to be sure.

Sponsored

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Well I love my Best Top and I keep it open even if it’s 115 outside. Top open windows down is my style but I have no plan to remove the doors.

OP
OP
sf5211

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Well I love my Best Top and I keep it open even if it’s 115 outside. Top open windows down is my style but I have no plan to remove the doors.
Trust me, if you pull your doors that'll be your new style. I was just like you with my first Jeep. I also said once I'm never taking my doors off. Now I feel my Jeep's only half open with windows down and roof open. Just make sure you have mirrors if you decide to try it.

ASMSAS

First Name
Marlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Aviation
To answer your question, yes, when the daytime temperature is regularly 100+ F going topless is a long lost art and MAX AC is in style.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
To answer your question, yes, when the daytime temperature is regularly 100+ F going topless is a long lost art and MAX AC is in style.
My 3-cents worth. Extra penny added. I tried with Texas heat to go naked with the SOT, doors off rear panels off but Texas heat won out and MAX AC took over.

Hoped the Rubi with hardtop off, doors off, sunshade on would help more with Texas heat but that
door slammed around end of June. Now MAX AC until fall then naked we go!! 😎 :jk:

I still see a few Jeepers go by naked with guys (No females with) but I know sweat is running somewhere. More power to them. I can hear the female say OHHHH Hell NOOOOO to them. Make-up and sweat don't mix well. :whew::LOL:

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK

Sponsored

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2021 Jeep GC L Limited
I know when I get my jeep it will be treated that same as my motorcycle.

April 1st or sooner weather permitting hard top off

Mid October Hard top back on.

Rain or shine roof staying off. If it's chilly in the morning heated seats and steering wheel will take care of that.

I'll get a cover if it's gonna rain all day but while I'm driving roof is off.

I see doors off but never tops off. You all live in the ghetto or something?

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I know when I get my jeep it will be treated that same as my motorcycle.

April 1st or sooner weather permitting hard top off

Mid October Hard top back on.

Rain or shine roof staying off. If it's chilly in the morning heated seats and steering wheel will take care of that.

I'll get a cover if it's gonna rain all day but while I'm driving roof is off.

I see doors off but never tops off. You all live in the ghetto or something?
Mr. Canadian My Jeep came in Feb 26th this year. Top Lift Pro came in March 10th Top and doors came off. Early June Jeep went closed. You come down to Texas and drive Naked after June. I'll call you Mr. Sweats then. 😎 :whew: 🤠

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Had the roof and doors off since mid-July but I’m lucky and can garage it at night. Also I have a bikini top otherwise the full sun at 115* would be a no-go.
Jeep Wrangler JL Is open Jeep a dying art? 81F407BA-2F26-4CAE-BBF1-D1308E68810D
Your heat is dry big difference with 70% humidity and 100 degrees down here. I tried this time with the open Rubi but tired of sweat running in eyes. :whew::sun:

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2021 Jeep GC L Limited
Mr. Canadian My Jeep came in Feb 26th this year. Top Lift Pro came in March 10th Top and doors came off. Early June Jeep went closed. You come down to Texas and drive Naked after June. I'll call you Mr. Sweats then. 😎 :whew: 🤠
It gets 40C here with the humidex. I also ride my bike when its -10C out. You come here in March 10 and you can get slush put in your face from the roads lol

Oh and I did MOAB in August. Desert heat is different

And yes I sweat on my bike too lol.
Sponsored