Sponsored

Is my 2018 JLU missing the gap hider? Trench cover?

Gobluecrh

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
I have a 2018 JLU with leather seats and there is a big gap behind the back seats when the seats are down. I got the Mopar cargo mat and it looks like it installs into a piece I don’t have. Anyone know about this gap filler?
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Which leather did you get?

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
I recently installed the cargo mat kit with the gap hider and seat back protectors.

Here's some pics in the hopes they help you identify what you have and don't have:

Jeep Wrangler JL Is my 2018 JLU missing the gap hider? Trench cover? Liner 02

Jeep Wrangler JL Is my 2018 JLU missing the gap hider? Trench cover? Liner 03

Jeep Wrangler JL Is my 2018 JLU missing the gap hider? Trench cover? Liner 04

I didn't take pictures of the install but I did find a great video on how the kit goes in:

FYI, the MOPAR part number for the kit is 82215656AC and it is for seats with cloth backs. This kit comes with the gap hider. The info on the part at AllMoparParts.com says, " Fits 4-Door vehicles with cloth seats that are not equipped with the production gap hider."

There is also a kit for leather seat equipped Wranglers under part number 82215185AD but I don't see a gap hider included with that kit. So I am assuming that if your leather seats are OEM then the vehicle should have had the gap hider installed from the factory.

Did you buy your vehicle new?

OP
OP

Gobluecrh

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Ok, now I'm thinking maybe I don't have leather seats. I thought they were leather because they feel like it and they don't feel like cloth. I went to the Mopar.com owner site ad looked up my equipment and it says " Cloth Low-Back Bucket Seats ". Here are some photos. Are these cloth?

IMG_1866.JPG

IMG_1865.JPG

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Are these cloth?
Those look like the optional (non Mopar, Katzkin) leather seats. Your vehicle came from the factory with cloth seats and these were added as an option afterwards. That's why your build sheet says you have cloth seats. This also means you have the same interior setup as vehicles with cloth seats.

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
Looks like leather but depending on which leather you choose, there are two, you get the gap cover or you don't.
Sponsored