Sponsored

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
So, I have on good authority from a Jeep higher up that they are going to put power seats in the Wranglers in 2024. I know this may sound stupid, but I honestly think Jeep has lost their mind. They are getting too expensive, and they are trying to make them more 4runner, or Grand Cherokee like. I'm not opposed to some amenities, but I really feel like they want to focus on the rich d-bags that just want to look cool. My guess is 2024 will see a slight redesign with a large price increase. You'll be paying $70,000 for a Rubicon before long. I love my Rubicon, and the options on it. I built it from the ground up. Almost everything done to it and every bolt has been wrenched by me. I'm not some old man purist, but they are losing sight of the real Jeep people and what they want.
Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Doesn't hurt to offer the option to those "rich d bags" so long as they still offer base models with cloth seats, manual windows, and no AC to the "poors" or purists or whatever you want to call them. Our 2022 is loaded with damn near every option, including heated seats and adaptive cruise control. MSRP was just over $65k. When I wake up in my tent on the Rubicon trail and it's 20ā° outside, you can call me whatever you want but my back and hands will certainly appreciate the money I spent on the cold weather group. When we are road trip this thing 1100+ miles to Moab to go wheeling in a single shot, I'll certainly appreciate the adaptive cruise control. On those same trips, a seat more like the ones in our 01 WJ limited would sure be welcome and I'd gladly pay extra for it. Of course the wife drove that wj through tougher trails than most JL owners ever will, including the Rubicon so I don't mind the comparison at all.
Jeep Wrangler JL Is Jeep trying to turn Wrangler into an overpriced 4Runner? FB_IMG_1570155469588

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T

Sponsored

Bulletbill

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Itā€™s a fair comparison. Itā€™s crazy that the 4runner is now the more affordable of the two.

I love my Jeep, but Iā€™m close to retirement and I canā€™t say I havenā€™t thought about getting a 4runner for its rock solid durability. I owned my last vehicle, a Toyota Tundra, for almost 13 years with little to no problems. Even after the warranty went out Toyota fixed two of the only issues I had with it for free. One was a bad wheel bearing and the other was a faulty pulley that kept shredding the serpentine belt.

I went with the Jeep because it was my dream vehicle, but I do worry about it over the long haul. That being said, I am well aware of the many members on here with a lot of miles on their JLs who have had very few problems. My issue is I just donā€™t expect Jeep to be as vested in my Jl down the road as I am.

OP
OP
jellis4148

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Doesn't hurt to offer the option to those "rich d bags" so long as they still offer base models with cloth seats, manual windows, and no AC to the "poors" or purists or whatever you want to call them. Our 2022 is loaded with damn near every option, including heated seats and adaptive cruise control. MSRP was just over $65k. When I wake up in my tent on the Rubicon trail and it's 20ā° outside, you can call me whatever you want but my back and hands will certainly appreciate the money I spent on the cold weather group. When we are road trip this thing 1100+ miles to Moab to go wheeling in a single shot, I'll certainly appreciate the adaptive cruise control. On those same trips, a seat more like the ones in our 01 WJ limited would sure be welcome and I'd gladly pay extra for it. Of course the wife drove that wj through tougher trails than most JL owners ever will, including the Rubicon so I don't mind the comparison at all.
Jeep Wrangler JL Is Jeep trying to turn Wrangler into an overpriced 4Runner? FB_IMG_1570155469588
Honestly, I have adaptive and used it to drive from Missouri to Moab. Works awesome. I guess the whole power seat thing and other stuff just makes me think the wrangler will be an independent suspension, Starbucks mom of a vehicle that costs on average $70,000. The people want want lockers, Dana 60ā€™s and to actually use their jeep will have to buy Preowned cause the new ones will suck.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I personally donā€™t give two squirts of bull piss what they do to the creature comforts as long as they leave the iconic parts aloneā€¦ā€¦ I really donā€™t care for the other offerings, 4runner, Cherokee, or their supposed reliabilityā€¦ā€¦ If Jeep does fuck with iconics( the overall looks, solid axles, etc..) then whichever year they make the changes the model year before that will be my last oneā€¦

Last edited:

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
So, I have on good authority from a Jeep higher up that they are going to put power seats in the Wranglers in 2024. I know this may sound stupid, but I honestly think Jeep has lost their mind. They are getting too expensive, and they are trying to make them more 4runner, or Grand Cherokee like. I'm not opposed to some amenities, but I really feel like they want to focus on the rich d-bags that just want to look cool. My guess is 2024 will see a slight redesign with a large price increase. You'll be paying $70,000 for a Rubicon before long. I love my Rubicon, and the options on it. I built it from the ground up. Almost everything done to it and every bolt has been wrenched by me. I'm not some old man purist, but they are losing sight of the real Jeep people and what they want.
Fact is people will buy it and not bat an eye at the price.
84 month loans.
As long as they don't bastardize it with IFS, who cares about power seat offerings.

Sponsored

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Itā€™s a fair comparison. Itā€™s crazy that the 4runner is now the more affordable of the two.

I love my Jeep, but Iā€™m close to retirement and I canā€™t say I havenā€™t thought about getting a 4runner for its rock solid durability.
The 5-speed in the 4Runner is legit awful. I donā€™t care how reliable it is. Iā€™d rather walk.