Sponsored

wcjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YJ with stuff. JL 2dr Sport
Makes sense to have power seats standard in the Sahara. Optional in other trims. I prefer the reliability of manual seats.

We have a 5th Gen 4runner. It's superior on the road compared to our 2dr JL. Getting older, heated seats are less luxury, more necessary.
Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
The 5-speed in the 4Runner is legit awful. I donā€™t care how reliable it is. Iā€™d rather walk.
Yetā€”Jeep sold me and awful, incredibly Meh, not nearly as capable, 5-speed 4R in 05 with their power options. Drove the V8 4R for 16 years 210K mi with one problem (fuel pump)until Jeep offered an acceptable replacement. I did although have the 3A for fun. šŸ˜Š

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Personally wouldn't mind having a powered seat (as an option), and really just for the driver's seat would be more than enough.

Not sure why, but I seem to have a hell of a time trying to get everything adjusted to a perfect spot that's comfortable for my back and for some reason, that involves raising the height far too high. Think a set of Desert Does It seat jackers would probably correct my problem, but a powered seat with more granular movement and a memory recall would likely help as well.

Not really looking at it as luxury/convenience option, but rather something that would help me better enjoy my daily commute without experiencing discomfort while driving.

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Honestly, I have adaptive and used it to drive from Missouri to Moab. Works awesome.
So adaptive cruise is ok but power seats is what pushes it over the edge for you?

Sponsored

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I picking one up Tuesday, for my wife, I actually like the look.
We have a 2020 4Runner Nightshade edition. Its slower and harder on fuel than the JL but man, that thing just feels like it going to last a half a million miles.

Oh, and do yourself a favour, get a pedal commander for it, while it doesnā€™t add any power it makes it feel way more enjoyable to drive. No more pressing the pedal 3/4 throttle to get the tranny to downshift and it holds the gears longer on acceleration or long freeway hills.

Deleted member 59498

Could you imagine those dudes in 1995 with their YJs talking about the ridiculous TJ coming out soon with its newfangled upgrades and going back to round headlights!! Who needs round headlights on Wranglers!!

Eyeball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ & 2023 JLUR
So, I have on good authority from a Jeep higher up that they are going to put power seats in the Wranglers in 2024. I know this may sound stupid, but I honestly think Jeep has lost their mind. They are getting too expensive, and they are trying to make them more 4runner, or Grand Cherokee like. I'm not opposed to some amenities, but I really feel like they want to focus on the rich d-bags that just want to look cool. My guess is 2024 will see a slight redesign with a large price increase. You'll be paying $70,000 for a Rubicon before long. I love my Rubicon, and the options on it. I built it from the ground up. Almost everything done to it and every bolt has been wrenched by me. I'm not some old man purist, but they are losing sight of the real Jeep people and what they want.
The cool thing about Wranglers is the wide variety of models from bare bones to 392s. Based on the ease of ordering from the factory you never have to buy a feature that you might feel too pricey, too luxurious, or simply frivolous.

I personally enjoy the ability to add creature comforts that simply were not available on my TJ.

Sponsored

GMX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Sahara 2.0
4Runner is supposedly due for a too long overdue makeover for the 2024 model year.
Am waiting to see what Jeep has to offer for 2024 and will order one or the other to replace my 2019 JLUR with under 19,000 miles....
Don't care for the new Bronco or Fords in general, and can't think of any other vehicle in the running for me.
I may be showing my age, but the Rubicon cost more than my first and second houses..
All new vehicles are way over priced...

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Yes. That's already happened. The rest is just details.

šŸ˜
I thought that the first time I saw a TJ and I was glad I snagged a YJ (with no carpet and no rear seat for under $10k new).
Little did I know exactly how far things would go...

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
compare the cheapest 2 door Sport JL to the most expensive 392 Rubicon JLU with all the goodies.. they are still savage machines true to the original concept.. solid axles, transfer case, topless

OP.. your rant has no merit..

OP
OP
jellis4148

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
So adaptive cruise is ok but power seats is what pushes it over the edge for you?
Not necessarily the power seat. It just seems every year now they are making it less a wrangler and trying to slowly turn it into a family vehicle. Mine sticks red for $56.085 new. Same jeep in 2023 with same exact options is $64,466. I thought $59,000 was too high, but I plan on owning it till it blows up. I realize Jeep is a for profit organization. They are making it more of a city vehicle than what it really is. Why?! My guess is for the rich d-bags that are going through a midlife crisis and want to feel cool ridding the shit out of there 392. I donā€™t mean this towards everyone, but every 392 of sold is some dipshit that thinks heā€™s got rod and drives them stupid. I would love to have a base with air only rubicon. Just my opinion. Iā€™m sure a lot of people are rolling their eyes at me. I honestly canā€™t stand the High altitude, the 392, the power top, the 2.0, 4XE, or diesel. Give me an underpowered NA V6 but with 6:13ā€™s as an option in my Sport or Rubicon all day. Shit, a Sport S with Rubicon option sounds good to me.