Sponsored

Is jeep going to do something for people don’t get the golden tailgate tag?

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
I just got a text from our dealer.

"spoke to my rep with Stelantis. He has placed the part on order. They are on back order with no ETA. "
Thank you for the information, I really appreciate it and hopefully it wont be a big deal at the dealer
Sponsored

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 wrangler , 2021 wrangler on the way
He's not wrong though, things are being added and removed all the time unfortunately in the automotive industry. At this point Im just hoping my JL gets built
I hear that, they told me my Jeep is going to be built Aug 5th . I don't believe them.

Bluewaveaudio

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392, Hydro blue
Occupation
Chief Inspector
Vehicle Showcase
ive got extras ordered, i think my cost is only like $10 bucks each

Sponsored

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I have attempted to find an online source, and nothing so far.
I just want to get 1 to cover my butt if mine arrives incorrect.
I called my dealer yesterday to set up an appointment regarding the steering issues and a few other things. I did send him pictures of the bronze placard and the silver placard on the 392 tailgate. His brother just took delivery of a 392 and it also has the silver placard so I am told that this is something that he is looking into. I guess it is kind of a good thing when the service advisors brother has the same issues with his Jeep as you do, still waiting to hear if his is wandering on the highway or not and if his steering wheel is very slow and needs assistance to get back to center

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I just have my fingers crossed that that is the worst mistake that happens to my build.
I can tell you a wish. Please arrive with no steering issues That did not come through BUT
Thankfully with the information available here you may want to invest in a set on Mopars longer lower control arms if you experience any wandering or having to help the steering wheel back to center after making a turn

Bluewaveaudio

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392, Hydro blue
Occupation
Chief Inspector
Vehicle Showcase
new tags showed up today, going to drive to the dealership and pick them up. I have another batch coming in

Sponsored

JDM23

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Dodge Ram
new tags showed up today, going to drive to the dealership and pick them up. I have another batch coming in
Can I purchase one from you? Just called my dealer and they said they might be available late September...

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Can I purchase one from you? Just called my dealer and they said they might be available late September...
I actually received a response from Jeep doesn't Care and as usual I was basically told to go pound salt. Any models built before 6/21 will have the silver placard that does not match the vehicle. I know you have to pick the fights that you choose but really? On a $80k Vehicle and being told to go buy it myself once again leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

The main reason this bothers me so much is because Jeep does not care unless they can profit from it. Yes I have the money to buy one but after going through what I went through with my 18 JLUR Rubicon it made me walk away for the first time in 40 years that there was not a Jeep in my driveway. I bought a Ford Raptor and got bit by the horsepower and handling. I know a truck is not a Jeep and a Jeep is not a truck so the only real comparison between the engines used. Ford stuck with the twin turbo V-6 at 450 hp and 510 ft`lbs of torque without a tune and finally Jeep decided to listen to the people and build put a 6.4 ltr. under the hood. If anyone out there has owned or driven both of the mentioned vehicles you will know what I mean. If Ford brought the Ranger Raptor over from the international sales platform it would be hard to pass up. Why is it so wrong for Jeep to put the wrong placard on and then tell the customer that "We know it`s the wrong one so if you want the correct you you must pay" That was not the answer i was looking to see

This is from someone on this forum that did the same dance with the vehicles;

Oh man, you did exactly what i did lol. I had an 18 JLUR with the 3.6, then got a 19 raptor ( i liked the raptor, wont lie :), then sold the raptor recently and went back to Jeep. I have a 2021 eco diesel JLUR, love it! I love my Jeep but having gone from Jeep- Raptor- back to Jeep, i do miss the space of a 'truck' and the intimidating road presence lol
What was/ is your experience like?

Bluewaveaudio

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392, Hydro blue
Occupation
Chief Inspector
Vehicle Showcase
I actually received a response from Jeep doesn't Care and as usual I was basically told to go pound salt. Any models built before 6/21 will have the silver placard that does not match the vehicle. I know you have to pick the fights that you choose but really? On a $80k Vehicle and being told to go buy it myself once again leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

The main reason this bothers me so much is because Jeep does not care unless they can profit from it. Yes I have the money to buy one but after going through what I went through with my 18 JLUR Rubicon it made me walk away for the first time in 40 years that there was not a Jeep in my driveway. I bought a Ford Raptor and got bit by the horsepower and handling. I know a truck is not a Jeep and a Jeep is not a truck so the only real comparison between the engines used. Ford stuck with the twin turbo V-6 at 450 hp and 510 ft`lbs of torque without a tune and finally Jeep decided to listen to the people and build put a 6.4 ltr. under the hood. If anyone out there has owned or driven both of the mentioned vehicles you will know what I mean. If Ford brought the Ranger Raptor over from the international sales platform it would be hard to pass up. Why is it so wrong for Jeep to put the wrong placard on and then tell the customer that "We know it`s the wrong one so if you want the correct you you must pay" That was not the answer i was looking to see

This is from someone on this forum that did the same dance with the vehicles;

Oh man, you did exactly what i did lol. I had an 18 JLUR with the 3.6, then got a 19 raptor ( i liked the raptor, wont lie :), then sold the raptor recently and went back to Jeep. I have a 2021 eco diesel JLUR, love it! I love my Jeep but having gone from Jeep- Raptor- back to Jeep, i do miss the space of a 'truck' and the intimidating road presence lol
What was/ is your experience like?

so jeep cares, told me to contact the dealer. Dealer had no idea about then, gave them part number and they ordered. Texas wont let you sue without giving the dealer a chance to fix. I tried

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Yup Jeep corporate confirmed my dealer will mail it out (or I can pick it up) so it seems like they are aware of it.
Sponsored