Sponsored

Is jeep going to do something for people don’t get the golden tailgate tag?

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
You guys are Lucky!! Jeep Cares told me it`s too bad that I have the wrong plate on my 392 Rubicon and if I want to resolve the issue I can go to my dealer and order one
How`s that for customer service?? Not to bad for a vehicle that is close to $80K. Does it make a difference on who you talk to at Jeep cares? Why are some people getting the correct plate and others being told that if you want the correct one you have to go order it from your dealer???

I have a 392 Rubicon Xtreme Recon on order and I wonder what I will have to purchase from the dealer to make the Jeep as it should be?? Why doesn't Jeep change it customer care name to Jeep I don`t care? I just don`t understand how they can say that I have the correct plate on mine when it shows a 2 door and there is no such animal as a 392 2 door, yet.....

JJMalone

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392, '20 JLR, '00 TRD Tacoma
I'm worried about the 392s that came with the wrong tag. It's like an identity crisis. There should never be anything wrong with a jeep that costs so much. When I go shopping for other products I would like to know if those that produce them are Wrangler owners as they understand every day should be a model of perfection in their work. 'Course the 392 is made in Mexico so this model extends across all borders. I'll bet the 4XE tailgates never get the wrong tag.

392TGPlate.jpeg

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
I put taller tires on my Jeep and realized my tag is no longer accurate. Gotta park the Jeep until I can figure out what to do.

Sponsored

JeepFiend

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 2 Door, 2011 Ford F-150 STX
Occupation
System Administrator
Wow, all this over a sticker on a tailgate. Hate to see y'all after you find a missing mattress tag. 🤣 🤣 🤣

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
You must not have a non-compliant tag. It's like not knowing how deep of water you can ford, or what size rocks you can attempt to cross. If it weren't for the mall, I don't where I could take my Jeep. At least there are some places with large enough parking lots.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
The next big item is Jeeps that don't show 392 on start up...

smokeythecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport 2-door, 2019 Mini Cooper S
Wait, is this thread seriously about the color of a badge on the tailgate that most of us will look at maybe twice? Seriously? I must be missing something here.

Sponsored

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
i can see being annoyed by it. But if jeep said call the dealer and have them order it, then just do that. good grief.

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
Wait, is this thread seriously about the color of a badge on the tailgate that most of us will look at maybe twice? Seriously? I must be missing something here.
The gist is this: early 392s were equipped with the standard JL plate on the tailgate. Jeep then decided to make a 392-specific plate and because some specs are different between the 392 & other JL models, some 392 owners are upset that their standard JL plate has incorrect specs and/or doesn’t say 392 on it. They think they should receive the new plate for free & the dealer should waste technician labor hours to replace it instead of just buying one for $10 & installing it themselves.

Bkilby

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 392, 1974 Hemi Cherokee
Occupation
Chief Toilet Scrubber
Mine is the correct silver one and it's going to stay that way.

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
I finally got it after about 3 pages in. But like others was totally confused. And yes I would be upset if I got the wrong badge period on whatever jeep you buy.

That said the OP needs to learn how to post and put the right information.

As far as the wrong badge, hell this is the whole world these days incompetency is out of control every time you turn around. Ok, enough.

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
What I don't understand is why no one will let this old thread from six months ago die. It's old news, and it hadn't even had any new posts since October, but every time it finally starts fading away, someone just keeps on dredging it back up. And always with the exact same tired jokes that 50 other people have already said. How original.

Look, my take is this: Some owners care, and some don't. And that's their prerogative, not yours.

Personally, I can certainly appreciate that some buyers care. After all, if you bought a nice, top tier Camaro ZL1 that you've always wanted, and every time you opened the hood or the trunk you saw a model specific badge that said "Camaro SS" and had the wrong engine, horsepower, or other model specific info on it, it could be annoying. But it's more of a pride in ownership thing than anything else.

And while you are all busy typing up those same tired jokes about "I want mine to say what tires mine has, or what color my interior is", bear in mind that the 392 IS ITS OWN MODEL, not an option you selected on your Rubicon, Sport or Sahara. So, ask yourself, would you say the same thing if 4XE buyers that were proud to have bought the first ever Wrangler hybrid, were annoyed that their tailgate badge said 392 on it with all the wrong key info? So why is this any different?

Is it huge deal? No, but is it annoying? Sure.

And for what it's worth, I can also appreciate that if you are a buyer who cared, and you reached out to GM or Chevy and asked for the new badge with the correct model info that they had started putting on those vehicles since you bought yours, (on their 80K flagship model no less,) and they said "Go piss up a rope, buy it yourself", you'd be annoyed by that too.

And it's not about the cost of the tag, either. After all, although we've probably all made stupid car buying decisions at one time or another, I'm confident that the majority of 392 buyers can afford to buy the new version of the badge. But what would it have really cost Jeep to send out the updated/correct ones to the 1,000 or so early buyers? A few bucks? A few thousand? In my opinion it would have been a cool gesture, a neat way to say thanks, or a good way to inspire or reinforce brand loyalty, but they said piss off instead. It's just a dumb PR miss, and for no reason in my eyes. And that's all it is, nothing more, and nothing less.

I will say for the record, that mine has the early silver tag, and I couldn't possibly care less, but man, y'all must be really desperate for some low hanging fruit. Or just really, really bored.

So please, let it go, and let this thread finally, mercifully die in peace.

And if you just. can't. do it... then FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, get some new material. 😳

-Rob
Sponsored

Last edited: