Sponsored

Is jeep going to do something for people don’t get the golden tailgate tag?

Yogi1956

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Clubs

So a bend hood, missing carpet, and loose steering 392 will be worth even more money down the road.
Sounds like separate issues. This is about a silver plate vs a gold plate.

Good luck on the other stuff.
Sponsored

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
If the wrong tag doesn’t bother you then more power to you ✊🏼

Some people just want things done the right way. It’s more about Jeep doing something “correctly” rather than “special”.

It’s also an easy fix, Jeep will comp you or you shell out $80.

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting didn’t know there was a silver version

MrJonnycat

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Interesting didn’t know there was a silver version
The “silver version” was just the standard JL Wrangler four-door/2 door plate that is in the back of all of the regular four doors. It did not have the correct information regarding the forwarding depth, and it also incorrectly showed that there was a two door version of the 392 which there is not. The first round of 392s didn’t have the correct gold badge that I have on there now

Sponsored

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Gotcha. The image looked a bit “silver” before. Was my screen brightness 😅

KrispyKotex

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Rubicon Snazzberry
Occupation
USN Submariner (ret), IT Analyst/Network Engineer
If I had this instance of the wrong tag on my Jeep, I would leave it as-is. Might be worth someting and more of a rare oddity for future value.

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
If I had this instance of the wrong tag on my Jeep, I would leave it as-is. Might be worth someting and more of a rare oddity for future value.
The wrong tag is just the standard tag on all JLs. I’m sure I can keep it once the replacement comes on the 7th.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I would have paid $80 and swapped it myself rather than argue with the dealer, wait for them to get it in, then have to go back and wait while on of their monkeys hopefully installed it correctly. I would have put the old one on my tool box or something.

Shouldn't the fording depth be different on a regular Rubicon vs a Sport? And if you get a Mopar lift at the dealer, shouldn't the fording depth be changed again? This whole tag issue is going to turn into a full blown crisis for Jeep. Everyone start gather your pitchforks and torches!

JJMalone

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392, '20 JLR, '00 TRD Tacoma
I'm not fording any water crossings any where near 32" deep, at least not intentionally. I'm starting to think these Jeeps are pretty sensitive. I'm thinking a 392 with the wrong tag wouldn't run very well. Not until it has the right tag.

The inside of my tailgate is painted with wrinkle finish paint. Do others have that? Might by a feature of the 392 as my '20 3.6 rub tailgate is perfect. Damn, if it had the wrong tag I'd look to lemon law it for sure.;)
Jeep Wrangler JL Is jeep going to do something for people don’t get the golden tailgate tag? 392TGPlat

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Jeep sent me the wrong plate... with the wrong part number.... and I specifically gave them the correct part number. Smh.
Screenshot_20210904-132951_Gallery.jpg

Left Field

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 RS-SS Camaro, 2021 JLUR392
Jeep sent me the wrong plate... with the wrong part number.... and I specifically gave them the correct part number. Smh.
Wonder if that tag part number now has a "superceded by ..xxx..." p/n.

Just picked up my non-XR 392 today. It has the *35" tire tag. It seems to suggest that the base 392 and the 392XR are going to share a tag by listing both 33" and 35" tire water fording depths.

However, I'm taking it to mean that I'm supposed to change to 35's immediately :)

LF

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
Wonder if that tag part number now has a "superceded by ..xxx..." p/n.

Just picked up my non-XR 392 today. It has the *35" tire tag. It seems to suggest that the base 392 and the 392XR are going to share a tag by listing both 33" and 35" tire water fording depths.

However, I'm taking it to mean that I'm supposed to change to 35's immediately :)

LF
yes, it appears they do share a tag … here’s my XR tag:

Jeep Wrangler JL Is jeep going to do something for people don’t get the golden tailgate tag? D09F9053-987D-4D42-AEFF-86B4F4C8EA1B

RTJ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport Unlimited
My question is... instead of having jeep remove my incorrect badge and replace it with the gold 392 badge.... should I keep the incorrect badge in place and ask for the gold 392 badge to be attached elsewhere? Like a collectable mis-printed penny? Will it be even cooler to have a 392 w the incorrect and correct badge? 🤔
Yes.

RTJ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport Unlimited
I didn't miss anything. You can make all of the assumptions you want but the facts stand. I doubt it was a failure more likely a decision of when to cut over to the new tag. (I don't necessarily agree with them).

Wrong again, I had a 392 for two weeks but my son begged me to let him buy it from me....so I did and can borrow whenever I like. Worst gas mileage in a long time and too stiff for my old frame!

I already shared a story of a Jeep "Fuck up" regarding my 2018 Rubicon, but when I discover an issue I know there is only one person that's going to drive the resolution...me.

I've had close to 50 new vehicles since my first of 1970. (Plymouth GTX 440 6-pak, 4 speed). That wonderful vehicle came with a switch key that didn't fit the door locks, I had 3 different tires on the car (all same size, different brands), no spare, missing lug nuts, a trunk cover that leaked worse than a culindar and the transmission and rear end were replaced at 3,800 miles.

I'm not covering for anyone, just commenting how manufacturing works.
You had me at Plymouth GTX 440 6 pack. Real cars.
Sponsored