Sponsored

IS Jeep Customer Service email regarding expected delivery of the wrangler

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
Hi,
I got this email tonight from Jeep stating the expected delivery of the vehicle. I ordered a couple weeks ago and a volume dealer told me their wranglers have been coming in about 6 weeks. The customer service email is stating about 16 weeks. I have a couple questions for the folks that have been thru this.
1) Does Jeep send these emails out or is this something new?
2) is it normal to have Jeep estimate the vehicle so far out but delivery occurs earlier?

Thanks for any insight into this.

here is the email….

Thank you for your recent order of a 2021 Jeep! We are excited to welcome you to the Jeep family!

The purpose of this email is to provide you the estimated delivery date of your Wrangler.

Based on our most recent information, your vehicle is to arrive at "PETERSON'S STAMPEDE DODGE-CHRY- JEEP LLC" the week of 11/22/2021.

If you do not receive a call from "PETERSON'S STAMPEDE DODGE-CHRY- JEEP LLC" within 7 days after the indicated delivery date, please contact your dealer for further information.

As a valued Jeep Wrangler owner we are excited to welcome you to the Jeep Wave Customer Care program! This premium owner loyalty program offers Best-in-Class coverage, filled with exciting perks and benefits. To find out more please visit:
https://www.jeep.com/jeep-wave.html

In preparation for your new driving experience please visit: https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-garage/select-vehicle.html

Here you can access important information and videos about your new vehicle and register to create your personalized vehicle dashboard.
Sponsored

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
I ordered 4/28, delivered 7/14. I did not receive that email (or any email, until I was able to escalate after a delayed build, d1 reversion, and finally 2 weeks in inspections).

My dealer told me their delivery estimate was originally 6/3. Turns out that's generally considered the build date. It got pushed to 6/8 then 6/14 or something.

So if anything, they delivery date could go either way.

OP
OP

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
I ordered 4/28, delivered 7/14. I did not receive that email (or any email, until I was able to escalate after a delayed build, d1 reversion, and finally 2 weeks in inspections).

My dealer told me their delivery estimate was originally 6/3. Turns out that's generally considered the build date. It got pushed to 6/8 then 6/14 or something.

So if anything, they delivery date could go either way.
Who did you order from? Was it a volume dealer?

mdkautzman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Received one as well. Order 7/1 email states delivery 11/17.

Never received one when I ordered my Gladiator?

Maybe they are doing this due to the increased delays.

Sponsored

OP
OP

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
Received one as well. Order 7/1 email states delivery 11/17.

Never received one when I ordered my Gladiator?

Maybe they are doing this due to the increased delays.
That would be unfortunate. Hoping this is not the case. Mine won’t be delivered for 4 months!

NFWman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Grand Cherokee LTD, 2021 JL Rubicon
I got this same email last night… there’s a few threads circulating about this. So, it sounds like a lot of people got this and it’s now being called “The Email.”
A friend who ordered a week after I did also got “the email” this morning.
My order date: June 7
Expected Delivery is now: Oct 19

Also, I was on Jeep Chat this morning and they confirmed the factory is shutting down this week due to the chip shortage:

ED83E134-03BC-465A-BAF0-2E2FE9B5E6A8.jpeg

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
I think, I don’t know, I just THINK that Jeep Chat folks were getting buried with information requests. I think production has slowed due to COVID, factory maintenance, supply chain hold ups to include Gorilla Glass and chips and anything else. These all make the calls to JC increase.

So the emails are an effort to provide info and reduce the call load on JC.

I can not imagine ANY situation in which these estimated delivery dates do not have a fudge factor built in.

It’s a 100 times better for a company, any company, to deliver a product BEFORE promised than after.

But this is all opinion and theory on my part.

YMMV

OP
OP

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
I think, I don’t know, I just THINK that Jeep Chat folks were getting buried with information requests. I think production has slowed due to COVID, factory maintenance, supply chain hold ups to include Gorilla Glass and chips and anything else. These all make the calls to JC increase.

So the emails are an effort to provide info and reduce the call load on JC.

I can not imagine ANY situation in which these estimated delivery dates do not have a fudge factor built in.

It’s a 100 times better for a company, any company, to deliver a product BEFORE promised than after.

But this is all opinion and theory on my part.

YMMV
This does make sense. Under promise over deliver.

Sponsored

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Yes - from my jeep chat today

The Jeep is in the production stage with all parts gathered and it's waiting to move into the build process. At this time we do not have an estimate for when the build will begin. The Wrangler plant is currently closed and should be reopening after August 9th

mcjeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Yes - from my jeep chat today
I asked them explicitly (put in another thread, there are like four on the topic now) whether the Gladiator or the Wrangler lines would be down for a week. The rep told me that the plant would be offline for a week as they're both made in Toledo. Well, yeah, but on two different lines.

That's contradictory to the press releases around it just being the Gladiator, so I'm inclined to believe the press release.

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
I asked them explicitly (put in another thread, there are like four on the topic now) whether the Gladiator or the Wrangler lines would be down for a week. The rep told me that the plant would be offline for a week as they're both made in Toledo. Well, yeah, but on two different lines.

That's contradictory to the press releases around it just being the Gladiator, so I'm inclined to believe the press release.
I am legit AMAZED that not a single one of the 5600 people that actually work at the plant never come on here and answer some of these simple basic questions that come up all the time.

mcjeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I am legit AMAZED that not a single one of the 5600 people that actually work at the plant never come on here and answer some of these simple basic questions that come up all the time.
You know, I had the exact same thought. But then I realized? Guess how much time I spend on messages boards for my company's products? Zero. Zero time. So there is that. Though yeah, a simple "yeah, I'm going to be at work next week" would answer everyone's questions real quick.
Sponsored