Sponsored

Is it worth $650 to keep factory warranty?

Boghar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport, Black, Mopar Lift, 35s
Dealer wants $1000 to install Mopar lift. Local 4wd store $360. Is it worth it to go with the dealer to keep the warranty?
Sponsored

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
No or find a different dealer!

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
Just trying to scare you into having them do it. My salesman saw my Sahara and said looks nice, did you get the lift installed by us. I said hell no ,he said I don't blame you.

Dewey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUS
Most stealerships use the labor guide to make estimates. If I remember correctly the Mopar lift takes 2.2 hours per the guide. So it should only cost 2.2 x labor rate. That said if the dealer has never installed one it will take longer. They cant void your warranty though because a lift is installed regardless of who installed it.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
$300 for installation is reasonable. $500 for installation is bordering on ridiculous. $1,000 is an absolute insult.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Boghar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport, Black, Mopar Lift, 35s
Most stealerships use the labor guide to make estimates. If I remember correctly the Mopar lift takes 2.2 hours per the guide. So it should only cost 2.2 x labor rate. That said if the dealer has never installed one it will take longer. They cant void your warranty though because a lift is installed regardless of who installed it.
Don't listen to a dealership that says you have no warranty unless they install something.
The dealer

I called Mopar and was told that in order for the warranty to be valid, lift must be installed by certified jeep tech. I wonder if she meant lift warranty or jeep factory warranty

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
The dealer

I called Mopar and was told that in order for the warranty to be valid, lift must be installed by certified jeep tech. I wonder if she meant lift warranty or jeep factory warranty
You do realize they are talking about the warranty on the lift parts, right? Not your Jeep. They cannot cancel your vehicle warranty because you installed a lift. All they can do is not provide warranty on the springs, shocks, and any parts that were installed with the lift. For $650 you could buy any part that was likely to fail.

Kata

First Name
Kata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
You do realize, that there are many unscrupulous dealerships out there that will lie through their teeth to make a sale? Many try to say that your whole warranty will be void, if they don't do all the mods/service. This was very prevalent in the 1970s, but there are laws against this practice. Unfortunately,some still do this.
You know the ole saying for politicians is if their lips are moving they’re LYING. Just have the dealership put it in writing. Otherwise it’s just lip service.

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
You do realize, that there are many unscrupulous dealerships out there that will lie through their teeth to make a sale? Many try to say that your whole warranty will be void, if they don't do all the mods/service. This was very prevalent in the 1970s, but there are laws against this practice. Unfortunately,some still do this.

Sadly, some people believe them.
They can say WTF they want. Reality is a different matter. I've had a dealer try that once. I had no problems calling the star line and the dealership gave free maintenance for a year to avoid losing their 5 star rating with Chrysler

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I am not sure about needing a Dealer to install it? I kind of remember reading something about a requirement for a lift installed by a ASE certified mechanic for warranty?

I would call a couple of dealers and talk to the service manager to see what they say.

I know you need to buy a "additional" warranty if you want a Mopar lift to be covered under a Mopar Max Care Extended Warranty. That is stated in the extended warranty.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
OP, I would call around to a few different dealers. The $1,000 quoted by the first dealer seems too high. I think that the poster above who said a 2.2 hour job is likely correct. I don’t know what dealers are charging for labor now and Chicago may be on the high side too — $125? , $150? Heck, even if it was $200 it’s likely approximately $500.

i think that the first dealer is mighty proud of their service to be at $1000 for the install.

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
Guys, this thread is nearly two years old. I'm sure the OP has made a decision by now. ;)