Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon JL
Occupation
Capt of the Wiggle Wagons.
why not get both?

I'm not sure where everyone is getting these numbers where they need a new car to haul a atv.

shoot i got a 5x8 1750 lbs capacity trailer from northern tool for 550 bucks and i spent 5200 on a brand new 2019 Honda Rancher and i love using it on the trails here in Minnesota.

the trailer and atv together with full tank of gas and 5 gallons of extra gas come in at 1000 pounds, which even a 2 door jeep can tow and with the 3.6 engine i was doing 70 on the highway getting 14mpg with 35's and 2.5 inch lift kit and heavy bumpers.

gear like tools, tent, sleeping bags, food clothes, guns and ammo come in at 200 pounds in the back seat if you don't want to put them in totes and have them on the trailer.

anything these days is expensive.

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
Still need something to tow the ATV. My Jeep is awesome because it can be a toy and a DD.

jasander77

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Ordered - 2023 4DR Rubicon XR
I bought an ATV only to figure out that I wished Iā€™d bought a Jeep instead after taking to Alpine Loop and Ouray/Telluride area last year. ATV for sale and Jeep on order. So no ā€¦ I wouldnā€™t recommend.

NULL POINTER

First Name
Carmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, '19 VetteZ06 7spdVert,
Occupation
Old Fart
I seen a few side by sides on the road. One in North Carolina earlier this year and another yesterday morning in Orlando.
They are all over the roads in rural Florida. Nothing unusual to see groups of 4 or 5 on the public roads and highways near where I live. Cops don't even try to catch them.

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Depends on what you wanna do.

But a stock Rubicon or a stockish sport would take your pretty much on any jeep trail you want.

If youre thinking about cutting costs in mods then just enjoy your jeep as is.

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
Depends on what you wanna do.

But a stock Rubicon or a stockish sport would take your pretty much on any jeep trail you want.

If youre thinking about cutting costs in mods then just enjoy your jeep as is.
This. Take your stock Jeep and just enjoy it. You do NOT have to spend a fortune on modifications to take ANY Jeep off road, safely and fairly easily. You ā€œcanā€ hang up/tear up anything if you work enough at it, but for 95+% of folks that stock Jeep is far more capable than the driverā€¦

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
This. Take your stock Jeep and just enjoy it. You do NOT have to spend a fortune on modifications to take ANY Jeep off road, safely and fairly easily. You ā€œcanā€ hang up/tear up anything if you work enough at it, but for 95+% of folks that stock Jeep is far more capable than the driverā€¦
Yep - no need to build it out for only very occasional use on tough trails. I spent over $12,000 on my 2020 Rubicon adding a quality 2ā€ lift, Artec skids, winch, 35s, lighting, and a bunch of little stuffā€¦for what has amounted to a 3 day overlanding trip annually. Candidly, even a stock Bronco would serve me well for what I do. I enjoy the look of my Jeep but my pocketbook says I was stupidā€¦. The good newsā€¦my skids still look almost newšŸ˜Š

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
You come to a Jeep website to ask Jeep owners whether you should spend more money on a Jeep???

I'm gonna' play Devil's advocate here and say... no... you shouldn't. Enjoy your ATV and your tent and your beer.

Panthers65

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator
Camping stuff is moot, I'm camping either way.

Jeep vs ATV- I don't know I couldn't ever see myself doing the ATV thing. If I'm spending that kind of money on something I can't drive on the road anyways I'd rather to a full size tube buggy. LS, Atlas, Tons, 40's+, full tube, but that's the offroad world I got into first, no one was building ATVs in 2005.

For me it's kind of like the import vs classic muscle car debate. A little vtec Honda will probably outperform a classic hemi in every way on the street, but you'll never catch me in a Honda with a coffee can muffler when I could be driving a big v8.

Sponsored

Jeepnā€™

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
If itā€™s a motorized vehicle of any sort, itā€™s a money pit. Just stick to the current money pit (Jeep) because itā€™s all expensive lol.

Jiggs1960

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2022 Chevy Colorado
Vehicle Showcase
Would spending 12k on an atv and a trailer, another $1,000 on camping gear and beer be money better spent?
if your parents are alive, they should wash your mouth out with soap...................
Sponsored