Sponsored

Is it safe to jack the jeep up using the rancho differential glide plate

laueddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon (Black - Hardtop)
I understand that Jacking the car up directly on the pumpkin is not the greatest idea. What if it has a rancho differential glide plate, is that any safer?
Sponsored

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I’ve never had an issue jacking it from the pumpkin given you’re careful not to bend the diff cover lip. However you’re better off doing on the axle. Use a towel folded a few times between the jack and axle

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL unlimited Rubicon
I understand that Jacking the car up directly on the pumpkin is not the greatest idea. What if it has a rancho differential glide plate, is that any safer?
I contacted rancho about this the reply from technical support is you can jack the vehicle up under the glide plate but the floor jack should be below the differential housing itself so the weight will be directly transferred to the glide plate and thus the differential housing.

OP
OP
laueddy

laueddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon (Black - Hardtop)
That's Awesome! Thanks for the info!!!

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
This is a great use for those phone books they send out. I've been using the same one for about 10 years now.
I wrap it in duct tape so it doesn't fall apart.
Gosh! This reminds me that I don’t think that I have even seen a phone book in the better part of a decade. Do they still drop them at your door step?
Sponsored