Sponsored

Is it possible to switch out saddle seat covers for heritage tan leather?

Jward050

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Anybody know if it would be possible to purchase heritage tan leather seat covers directly from the Jeep parts department and switch out the dark saddle covers on a 2020 Rubicon myself?? And would the seat-mounted airbags prevent me from changing out the covers myself? I was about to pull the trigger on a granite rubicon with heritage interior this week, but I held off when I heard they were going to be switching over to dark saddle. I just don't really like the look of the dark saddle. Perhaps somebody might be interested in trading their heritage leather for my saddle covers? Let me know, thanks!!
Sponsored

LaurenLeigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS 2.0 Turbo Bikini Pearl; 2009 JK Sahara
Anybody know if it would be possible to purchase heritage tan leather seat covers directly from the Jeep parts department and switch out the dark saddle covers on a 2020 Rubicon myself?? And would the seat-mounted airbags prevent me from changing out the covers myself? I was about to pull the trigger on a granite rubicon with heritage interior this week, but I held off when I heard they were going to be switching over to dark saddle. I just don't really like the look of the dark saddle. Perhaps somebody might be interested in trading their heritage leather for my saddle covers? Let me know, thanks!!
I waited to order too and wanted heritage tan leather as well. I’ve been researching a ton since I saw saddle is the new brown leather, and I think I may order cloth and upgrade on my own with Katzkin leather instead. They have tons of color options and many here say the quality is better than factory and pricing is comparable or better. I’ll be visiting a local installer this week to get a quote before I pull the trigger on ordering cloth and upgrading once I get it.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
If you do that, keep in mind you won't get the stitching on the dash or door panels, I think? Good luck to ya!

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I would love to have your take- offs, if it comes to that, front seats in my 2 door would be just right in the saddle color....

Sponsored

LaurenLeigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you do that, keep in mind you won't get the stitching on the dash or door panels, I think? Good luck to ya!
The Sahara still gets stitching on the center console and door panels, even with cloth seats. I’ll probably order the leather dash panels and swap them out. I think it would be around $350 for both panels.

LaurenLeigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would love to have your take- offs, if it comes to that, front seats in my 2 door would be just right in the saddle color....
Not sure if they can be salvaged, but I’ll ask the installer. The cloth is still heritage tan or black though, not saddle. Also, the cloth seats don’t get the backseat center armrest and cup holder but if you’re swapping from other cloth that would work.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Not sure if they can be salvaged, but I’ll ask the installer. The cloth is still heritage tan or black though, not saddle. Also, the cloth seats don’t get the backseat center armrest and cup holder but if you’re swapping from other cloth that would work.
I'm wanting the front seat covers only, for a 2 door, thanks !

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I like the saddle better, but that's just my $0.02
As for the swap. Yes it doable. I did it to a truck once and it's a huge pain. I'd leave it to the professionals, or order it with the Katskinz like LaurenLeigh said. I had no idea that was a factory option until about last week. Apparently it can be done though, and you have lots of options that way.

Drveovru

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport
Clearly you have never been to Gonzales’s upholstery shop. He will make it say anything you want
Sponsored