Sponsored

Is it possible to disable the switches on doors from unlocking?

4LowPhoto

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Basically I got the Tuffy security deck, and if my windows are down some one can just press unlock on my switch panel inside the door to unlock all the doors including the tailgate. I do not have the proximity, but I have heard others door switches become inoperable once you press lock on the FOB. Any help in the area would be awesome. I tried turning off everything via the radio to no avail. thanks
Sponsored

Agent47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito! JLU 2.0T (Built 7/4)
Doesn’t your alarm go off if someone does that?

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Doesn’t your alarm go off if someone does that?
This does not really help him as nobody pays attention to car alarms and even if they did somebody could open the tailgate, grab items and be gone in about 30 seconds.

I don't have my Jeep with me right now to check but I would start with looking through the settings menu if you have not done that yet. That is the only place I could see being able to make a setting change like that.

If there is not a way currently maybe you could reach out to that company that makes the Tazer and ask if this is something they can tap into. If they can maybe they will add this feature in the next release.

Other than that I am out of options. :(

OP
OP
4LowPhoto

4LowPhoto

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I just tried it, locked with FOB, reached in window and hit switch, all doors opened and no alarm sounded.

OP
OP
4LowPhoto

4LowPhoto

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Maybe SPORT-S doesn't have an alarm?

Sponsored

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
From the manual it does not appear there is an option for this:

"If “Driver Door” is selected, once the driver door is opened, the interior door lock/unlock switch can
be used to unlock all doors (or use key fob)."

You have a Sport S. Do you have the upgraded 7" 4C uConnect? I am not sure if you need that system to use the Tazer or not. I would reach out to them and see if this is a feature they can work on.

OP
OP
4LowPhoto

4LowPhoto

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
So... this has be figured out by just walking up to jeep with out key in my pocket. Apparently all the FOBs have proximity sensors. with out the key near, I could not unlock the doors from the door switches. thanks guys!

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
So... this has be figured out by just walking up to jeep with out key in my pocket. Apparently all the FOBs have proximity sensors. with out the key near, I could not unlock the doors from the door switches. thanks guys!
Of course , if you lose your key fob at the beach , you'll be locked out .

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Basically I got the Tuffy security deck, and if my windows are down some one can just press unlock on my switch panel inside the door to unlock all the doors including the tailgate. I do not have the proximity, but I have heard others door switches become inoperable once you press lock on the FOB. Any help in the area would be awesome. I tried turning off everything via the radio to no avail. thanks
Why do you carry valuables in a Jeep ? Most people at the beach have the top and doors off , with no valuables inside , other than empty beer bottles .

TheLion

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL
My kids have done that a few times and set the alarm off. I haven't tried the tailgate yet, maybe I will tonight.

Sponsored

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Here is an idea. How about unplugging/disabling the power lock actuator in the tailgate? You will just have to lock/unlock the tailgate manually but it'll be secure.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Here is an idea. How about unplugging/disabling the power lock actuator in the tailgate? You will just have to lock/unlock the tailgate manually but it'll be secure.
Maybe if you do that every door will be locked forever .

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
If you read the thread, you will find that the tailgate cannot be unlocked without the key fob in/near the vehicle.
Sponsored