Sponsored

Is it possible to combine multiple portable air compressors together?

migyb

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Hi there - noobie question but is it possible to combine 2 air compressors together to essentially give more output vs using just one?

I am hesitant on dropping all the cash for a dual arb system just to air up tires (Ofc that’s not the only thing you can do with it).

The options I thought of were

- buy the dual compressor arb system
- make my own power tank (that itself has its own pros and cons)
- or...

I was planning on running a single compressor at the front, while a second compressor hooked up to my hitch plug airs up the rear tires.

But is it possible to combine the two compressors together to push out air from one hose?

Combining 2 air compressors, and rig up a hose system that connects to all 4 tires at once (I know I could actually buy this hose system but I enjoy DIYing).

yes it doesn’t make sense if I’m willing to drop money for 2 air compressors, why not just spend the money on the arb?

Well I’ve seen a lot of VIAR and Smittybuilt compressors that are great systems by themselves being sold locally secondhand and the amount of money I’d save if I were to go that route makes sense to me!

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
The only problem is they take up a lot of space. For instance, I built the air up all four tires at the same time air system. I used it once. Why, because it take up a lot of space. I also found that it does not air up all the tires to the same pressure. You will still need to go back and adjust each tire to the correct pressure. It also does not air them all down to the same pressure. I sure it would if you let it set for a while that they would equalize out, but who wants to wait.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Hi there - noobie question but is it possible to combine 2 air compressors together to essentially give more output vs using just one?

I am hesitant on dropping all the cash for a dual arb system just to air up tires (Ofc that’s not the only thing you can do with it).
That's what "dual" means on the ARB compressors... there are literally two compressors plumbed & wired together.
Sponsored