Sponsored

Is it just me or the proportions on the 2 door JL seem off?

TJRUBICON06

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK SAHARA
My wife and I both have 2022 2 door Rubicons, and I feel that the look is very well balanced. Having said that, they do not look as good as one of my TJ's! IMO ,the YJ years were odd with the long looking hood.

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
Agreed, the front door of the Bronco is way too long, we all like the Wrangler front door size...
BUT the rear wheel well of all Wranglers look weird when lifted on stock tires, especially the wagons which look bowlegged. Most 4 doors owners don't even take the time to buy rear LCA to center the big tires... not a good look but there are so many like this, people just accept it as good.
Its like fast food, its common but not good.

Screenshot 2022-04-25 161304.jpg

Screenshot 2022-04-25 161217.jpg
Omg, I see it too, much more so on the JKU, but I see it. Thank god mine doesn’t look like that. Totally true that if you dont adress the control arms with lenght or drop, the more you lift, the worst it gets👍

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I love the two door style. It says "Agile and personal"". I think the 4 doors are good looking but I don't need an additional 6 feet hanging off my ass for no good reason. I have to say, it is a pain in the ass to take the top off even the two door. I have had several jeeps and the easiest top was the CJ5... Ha Ha
I've got one of those Lange roof hoists, I can get the top off, up, & out of the way in about 15 minutes. Installing the ceiling hoist takes a bit of time, but after that it's really quite easy. CJ 5 was easier, I will admit that (at least the soft tops I had, lol).

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Where's the "Is it just me or do the proportions on the 4dr JL seem off?"
I for one, think they do :) And I know I'm not F'n alone!

Jeep Wrangler JL Is it just me or the proportions on the 2 door JL seem off? 1650936597015

Last edited:

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I've got one of those Lange roof hoists, I can get the top off, up, & out of the way in about 15 minutes. Installing the ceiling hoist takes a bit of time, but after that it's really quite easy. CJ 5 was easier, I will admit that (at least the soft tops I had, lol).
Toplift pros. It is one of those expensive gadgets that is truly worth it. Getting the top off and out of the way takes 1 minute. Taking the torx bolts off the top with my electric wrench and the freedom panels becomes the worst part lol.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Where's the "Is it just me or do the proportions on the 4dr JL seem off?"
I for one, think they do :) And I know I'm not F'n alone!

1650936597015.png
LOL.

I agree with you. I think one of the many issues with the 4 door is that it the width to length ratio. I was gonna say "long and narrow" but that sounds weird. I said it anyway. I think that's why so many people push the wheels out on the 4 doors, which makes it look even worst imo.

The other major thing are the tires, looking too small. Which is easily fixed.

But the weirdest thing to me is that it looks like a Jeep but at the same time it doesn't. You expect to see a Jeep but it isn't quite there. It doesn't have that traditional Jeep stubby look, that some 4 door owners don't like.

So in conclusion. I think it is the weird stubby proportions of the 2 door what looks good to us. The 4 doors perform great and one could argue better than the 2 door when lifted, and they still look better than any 4 door SUV on the market. It just doesn't scream "Jeep", because Jeeps ARE stubby. The 4 door reminds me of this:

Jeep Wrangler JL Is it just me or the proportions on the 2 door JL seem off? PlatybelonArgalDennisPolack

en480c4

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Range Rover Classic
As someone who's owned more Jeeps than I can count, my favorite proportions are an LJ on 33's or 35's. After that it's all plusses and minuses.

As for the JL 2-door, it reminds me a little of when the CJ-5 went from the early models with short-hood and a more vertical windshield to the longer hood version and more laid back windshield. And while I preferred the proportions of the early CJ-5's, the benefits of the late-model 5's with the I-6 were well worth it. I feel the same way about my JLR... Some of the things I find a little odd about it are MORE than outweighed by the fact it's so capable AND comfortable.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation