Sponsored

Is it just me or the proportions on the 2 door JL seem off?

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
c'mon Blue, prior to this I liked all your posts :)
Should be a thread about the Gladiator proportions being whack, not the 2door, but whatever :)
LOL!! I heat that! The Gladiator? I like them, but let's not get started on proportions being off with them!
Sponsored

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
This is a good example where people view their vehicles as an extension of themselves. Reading through the thread, the OP didn’t say the 2-door JL was ugly, he asked if the proportions of the vehicle seem off. As an objective observation, yes the proportions of both the 2-door JK & JL are off when compared to previous generation Wranglers .
The supposed so many compliments from girls has nothing to do with the OP’s question or opinion of the proportions of the vehicle.
Same thing imho… Whether you call a woman “ugly,” or just tell her that “her proportions look off,” I think you get slapped either way!
:LOL:

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
Topless/doorless 2-door JL are the shit - symmetry to perfection. However with a hardtop, it looks top-heavy and out of proportion unless it’s lifted and with ‘35. Anything bigger it then looks like a Tonka.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Topless/doorless 2-door JL are the shit - symmetry to perfection. However with a hardtop, it looks top-heavy and out of proportion unless it’s lifted and with ‘35. Anything bigger it then looks like a Tonka.
Yeah, but Tonkas are cool! :)

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
This is a good example where people view their vehicles as an extension of themselves. Reading through the thread, the OP didn’t say the 2-door JL was ugly, he asked if the proportions of the vehicle seem off. As an objective observation, yes the proportions of both the 2-door JK & JL are off when compared to previous generation Wranglers .
The supposed so many compliments from girls has nothing to do with the OP’s question or opinion of the proportions of the vehicle.
In my experience women have a pretty good eye for this kind of thing. The 2 door JL looks good. Except to a handful of jealous internet dudes. Thats my point.

And yeah. My jeep and I are one and the same. 😂. You wouldnt understand, it is a jeep thing.

Last edited:

Sponsored

4x4Funlover

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR

JuzaMe

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vmcrugbychairs.com
Vehicle(s)
1989 YJ, 2005 Duramax, 2022 JLURD(ordered 1/17/22)
Occupation
Working on being a burden to my children.
Honestly, I believe it's more of what your 'use to seeing' as in 80% +/- of pickup trucks on the road are crew cab short beds and when you do see a single cab short bed, they really look strange. I love the look of my YJ and I would have ordered another 2 door if I could have ordered it with the diesel. I did order a Mopar 2" lift along with 35's just because I think it makes the 4 door look more proportionate...but that's just me.

Last edited:

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
The JL is the LJ, which would look off if you're comparing it to the TJ.

I love me some single-cab short-box trucks. I wish you could still get a single-cab Super Duty with short-box and manual trans...but alas, no more.

Dgr401

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S - Granite Crystal
Occupation
Retired
I think the proportions are just right. My JL brings a smile to my face.

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
I think the proportions are just right. My JL brings a smile to my face.
and that’s really the only thing that should matters since it’s your money..

Sponsored

MattT69

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, true that. But to me, it’s really how the body is sitting too much rearward on the chassis. Looks really off, especially in the rear wheelwell.
Agreed, the front door of the Bronco is way too long, we all like the Wrangler front door size...
BUT the rear wheel well of all Wranglers look weird when lifted on stock tires, especially the wagons which look bowlegged. Most 4 doors owners don't even take the time to buy rear LCA to center the big tires... not a good look but there are so many like this, people just accept it as good.
Its like fast food, its common but not good.

Jeep Wrangler JL Is it just me or the proportions on the 2 door JL seem off? Screenshot 2022-04-25 161304

Jeep Wrangler JL Is it just me or the proportions on the 2 door JL seem off? Screenshot 2022-04-25 161217

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
My 2 cents: Since the subject is, does a 2 door Wrangler look in proportion?. IMO..The 2 door JLR, with the high mount front fenders, non-lifted on 33’s looks to perfection. I'm not just saying this because we own one. The 4 door JLUR and the JTR look equally good in proportion, but need at least a 2" lift and 35's to do so. This is not to start a 2 door, verses 4 door, verses Gladiator war. But just an observation opinion, from a Member that has been into Jeeps since the 70's.. :)

Last edited:

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
Two-doors look nimble to me.
I love the two door style. It says "Agile and personal"". I think the 4 doors are good looking but I don't need an additional 6 feet hanging off my ass for no good reason. I have to say, it is a pain in the ass to take the top off even the two door. I have had several jeeps and the easiest top was the CJ5... Ha Ha

Last edited:

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
My 2 cents: Since the subject is. does a 2 door Wrangler look in proportion?. IMO..The 2 door JLR, with the high mount front fenders, non-lifted on 32's looks to perfection. I'm not just saying this because we own one. The 4 door JLUR and the JTR look equally good in proportion, but need at least a 2" lift and 35's to do so. This is not to start a 2 door, verses 4 door, verses Gladiator war. But just an observation opinion, from a Member that has been into Jeeps since the 70's.. :)
The stock JLR tires are 33s not 32s.
Sponsored