Sponsored

Is it just me or the proportions on the 2 door JL seem off?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I feel like the Bronco did the 2 door better than Jeep, but Jeep did the 4 door better than Bronco
Bronco 2 door looks 10x better than the Bronco 4dr.
IMO the JL 2dr also looks better than the JL 4dr, but not 10x better, maybe 3x :)

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Looking at this I THINK the issue with proportions that most people see that's off is the hood appearing longer than the rear giving it a goofy big bird nose effect.
This is just cause you are used to seeing the 4 door. Everyone has the 4 door now. So then not having the extra bus space makes it look funny. The 2 door doesn't look great with the hardtop, but when you take the top off it looks great, and then take doors off and it is perfect. The 4 door with the top off looks funny. Then if you take the doors off it looks like an SUV that was vandalized.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I think the 4 door JL looks much better with the top and doors off than the JKU did. The roll bar is has much more clean design.

MauiSteve

First Name
Stephen Rodgers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2 door, 2018 Colorado ZR2, 2009 Honda Ruckus, 1973 Honda CB750
Occupation
Mostly retired
The 4 door is for folks that want a Jeep and also need the space for any of the many reasons. Jeep’s started as 2 doors, or maybe even no doors in WWII, I think the 2 door is by definition a Jeep, all others are Jeep 2.xx

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Yep, when I started driving, 4 dr (non-Cheokee/Wagoneer) Jeeps were still about 35yrs away so 4dr Jeeps still aren't something that's that "normal" to me. That said, for those that were starting to drive, or getting into 4x4s when the 4drs were getting started it's much easier for them to be comfortable with the 4dr being the "normal" Jeep :)

Sponsored

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
I'm just being honest every time i see a fully loaded 2 door Rubicon, i always think so sad what a waste, it'd look so good in the 4 door!
Based on your profile pic, I suspected you were blind, now its confirmed.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Many of us remember when 4 doors were mom cars or old people cars. 2 doors were what the cool people drove. When I was in high school in the early 80s, no one wanted a 4 door anything. The most embarassing car to drive in those days was a station wagon.

Rpk99

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65th Anniversary Wrangler
I'm a huge TJ fan but the 2 door on the JL looks off, i just cant put my finger on it bc i really like the 2 door TJ.

Your thoughts, Thanks
It's the long ass side curtain windows. My wife is still upset because "her TJ" had smaller side windows. It's the only thing she hates about the JL 2dr.
Sponsored