Sponsored

Is it just me or the proportions on the 2 door JL seem off?

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I’m liking the proportions of the 2 door.
Jeep Wrangler JL Is it just me or the proportions on the 2 door JL seem off? D8F7D6EB-0502-4AAA-A4A4-7B9689537910
Looking at this I THINK the issue with proportions that most people see that's off is the hood appearing longer than the rear giving it a goofy big bird nose effect.

EugenesAJeep

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
Vehicle Showcase
Looking at this I THINK the issue with proportions that most people see that's off is the hood appearing longer than the rear giving it a goofy big bird nose effect.
I know what your talking about. My old Toyota fj-40 had better proportions all around. I’m a single guy so the two door justs fits me better than the four door.

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
The full doors make it worse, imo, because the back edge of the door acts as a dividing line in my mind.

But doors off or half doors and that perception is disrupted.

I don't get the same impression from the JK though. The hood feels shorter. I think that the windshield rake enhances the effect.

Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
wow! Those pics make the bronco look huge!
Yep. For reference, the individual in the first picture is a six foot male. In the second picture, those are average sized people. One of the journalists compared the four door Bronco to being the equivalent length of a Chevy Tahoe.

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
My view, you are correct.

The perceived longer hood is actually due to the front windscreen angle, it is not as upright as the JK.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
The 2 door JL should've come with its own doors... imagine the coupe M4 with the sedan's short front doors.

Jeep Wrangler JL Is it just me or the proportions on the 2 door JL seem off? D8F7D6EB-0502-4AAA-A4A4-7B9689537910

You missed the point, the 2 door XJ for example has longer front doors than the 4 door front doors.

You're comparing vehicles with the same wheelbase. Obviously the JLU has a longer wheelbase than the JL, because it's literally a stretched Wrangler.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Now, this is a long hood

https://images.app.goo.gl/KbdNdkHG8LcXV2aa6

And so is this

https://images.app.goo.gl/haESDkHA2swDrNfk6

When AMC took over, they replaced the Dauntless V6 with their own inline 6 engines. This required the front to be lengthened to accept the new 232 and 258 engines.

When I first saw the JL, the longer front reminded me of those 70s/80s CJs. I don’t mind the look at all. The steep windshield rake is similar to the effect of the new windshield on late model CJ5s.

https://images.app.goo.gl/X9HP3CM886CCxsvC9

Sponsored

HelmsJeep

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2DR/Softop/Manual
I'm a huge TJ fan but the 2 door on the JL looks off, i just cant put my finger on it bc i really like the 2 door TJ.

Your thoughts, Thanks
I remember thinking the same thing about the CJ-7 when I had my CJ-5. With the rear seat out there was just enough room for an iced keg of beer in the back of it and I didn’t understand at the time why anyone would need a longer vehicle. ;)
Sponsored