Sponsored

Is it just me or the proportions on the 2 door JL seem off?

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Devils advocate but I really wish it would had been a tad longer like the LJ.

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
I see nothing out of proportion on a 2 door.
JL freedom panels off.jpeg
Yes, proportion are off because doors are not long enough.

2 door of the past had curent size doors and short trunk. Jl grew larger in the rrunck but doors remain the same. It looks like a chop job.

There is a reason why coupe has longer doors then same model in sedan form (other then back seat entry)... get closer in length to quoter panel. When not able to, make side windows cohesive unit (no window frame between driver door and rear q. window) in order to match rear quoner.

Even frameless door windows or half doors would help a bit to not look like you are pinched between long hood and lond trunk.

Proportions are much better with hart top off or slanted sort top (if it even exists for 2 door (will make trunck side window closer in size to front door). Worst case scenario is paint matches hard top ( brighter color accentuates its size...)

Last edited:
OP
OP
I'm Negan

I'm Negan

First Name
Quincy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl, M4

2 door of the past had curent size doors and short trunk. Jl grew larger in the rrunck but doors remain the same. It looks like a chop job.

There is a reason why coupe has longer doors then same model in sedan form (other then back seat entry)... get closer in length to quoter panel. When not able to, make side windows cohesive unit (no window frame between driver door and rear q. window) in order to match rear quoner.

Even frameless door windows or half doors would help a bit to not look like you are pinched between long hood and lond trunk.

That's it , yep the door is too short for a 2 door.
I have an M4, the doors are much longer than the sedan M3.
It makes sense....

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
I think it’s the stock fenders (sport or rubi). They look better on the longer 4 door.

D7D22C43-AFFB-4C36-9BCC-FCD79BDD34AC.gif
Every 2 door looks like the ass is sitting low. I think it is from the fender lines. Rubicon fenders highlight the issue more to me. Teraflex even shortens the front spacer ½” to bring the nose down. But I still want a 2 door as a second vehicle.

Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

I see it like this...
Jeep Wrangler JL Is it just me or the proportions on the 2 door JL seem off? your opinion man

so why quote me, trolling?

OP
OP
I'm Negan

I'm Negan

First Name
Quincy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl, M4
The 2 door JL should've come with its own doors... imagine the coupe M4 with the sedan's short front doors.

Jeep Wrangler JL Is it just me or the proportions on the 2 door JL seem off? 2018-BMW-M4-CS

Jeep Wrangler JL Is it just me or the proportions on the 2 door JL seem off? 49663545806_f93c48ece8_k-700x525

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
The 2 door JL should've come with its own doors... imagine the coupe M4 with the sedan's short front doors.

2018-BMW-M4-CS.jpg

49663545806_f93c48ece8_k-700x525.jpg
2 dr Jeep should have came with different hard top.
#1 vs #2

2018-BMW-M4-CS.jpg

49663545806_f93c48ece8_k-700x525.jpg

2 dr jeep should of came with different hard top design
#1 vs #2. Lol

Jeep Wrangler JL Is it just me or the proportions on the 2 door JL seem off? 20210424_201326

Jeep Wrangler JL Is it just me or the proportions on the 2 door JL seem off? 20210424_201506

Sponsored

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2-Dr
Every time I take my doors off I think, "Man I wish these were much bigger and heavier." And when I'm getting in and out, "If only these doors were longer and swung further out." Jeep really missed the mark on an offroad vehicle. Long doors are a must, for sure.

Reseg

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
You missed the point, the 2 door XJ for example has longer front doors than the 4 door front doors.

picture_php_pictureid_10389_05a10d54a141083e1649705e5f7fd2ba4297d51a.jpg

Screenshot_20210424-193338~2.png
I was just kidding and I get it. I prefer the doors the way they are, though, because having the 4-door front doors and 2-door be identical saves development and manufacturing $ and allows for a lot of crossover for aftermarket parts like tube doors, entry guards, and more.

I believe the reason other vehicles do this is because the 2 door and 4 door options aren't as drastically different in length as the Wrangler, which I also love. I was instantly addicted to the turn radius of my 2-door.

OP
OP
I'm Negan

I'm Negan

First Name
Quincy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl, M4
Every time I take my doors off I think, "Man I wish these were much bigger and heavier." And when I'm getting in and out, "If only these doors were longer and swung further out." Jeep really missed the mark on an offroad vehicle. Long doors are a must, for sure.
Longer doors also helps people get in the back seat, Jeep probably figured it's much cheaper to use the same doors from the 4dr
I was just kidding and I get it. I prefer the doors the way they are, though, because having the 4-door front doors and 2-door be identical saves development and manufacturing $ and allows for a lot of crossover for aftermarket parts like tube doors, entry guards, and more.
It makes it harder to get in the back...
Sponsored