Sponsored

Is it just me or the proportions on the 2 door JL seem off?

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
Every time I take my doors off I think, "Man I wish these were much bigger and heavier." And when I'm getting in and out, "If only these doors were longer and swung further out." Jeep really missed the mark on an offroad vehicle. Long doors are a must, for sure.
For a second, I thought you were serious...
Sponsored

Reseg

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Longer doors also helps people get in the back seat, Jeep probably figured it's much cheaper to use the same doors from the 4dr

It makes it harder to get in the back...
You DO realize most of us buying 2-doors take out the back seat and never use it, right? I mean, there's a reason they made it QUICK RELEASE on the 2-door and made the flooring behind the front seats flat, KNOWING most had no use or desire for a back seat lol. My kids are grown and I'm not an Uber driver.

Jim_n_Tx

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, Commando, JT , JL, M422
I agree on the look of the xj - however, the doors on my two-door JL are two inches longer than the doors on my TJ. Getting in the back seat is way easier on the JL than the TJ.

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
For me it has always been the windshield rake on the 2-door JL. I get why they did it, but it does seem to screw with the proportions and overall look, especially on a short vehicle. I had a 2-door XJ and thought the proportions seemed off on that too; too much door for the side having grown up looking at 4-doors.

Sponsored

Reseg

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
having grown up looking at 4-doors.
ooooook, here's the disconnect lol. 4 door Jeeps (/Wranglers) didn't even start significantly having a presence on the roads until <10 years ago. If you're basing your life experience of knowing Jeeps as having "grown up" looking at 4 door Jeeps with what you usually saw on the road... I feel like you're going to ask me for help with your algebra homework lol JK :)

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
ooooook, here's the disconnect lol. 4 door Jeeps (/Wranglers) didn't even start significantly having a presence on the roads until <10 years ago. If you're basing your life experience of knowing Jeeps as having "grown up" looking at 4 door Jeeps with what you usually saw on the road... I feel like you're going to ask me for help with your algebra homework lol JK :)
x2^^
I think it does come down to what your time span of Jeeps encompasses.
I appreciate that the 4dr has kept the Jeep Wrangler alive and well as of late, but to me the only Jeep I want is a 2dr, and if they made a Gladiator 2dr I'd be wanting that as well. 4drs rock, just not in my garage :)

And FWIW the two door looks just right!

Sponsored

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
Sweet looking Jeep...but I am biased towards 2-door silver Rubicons. But...wait...is that really a Rubicon???
Yes, it is a Rubicon. It is a right hand drive export market Rubicon. We do not get the high fenders and we get the Euro bumpers.

Chris2183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S (Sold) 2021 JLU Willys
You DO realize most of us buying 2-doors take out the back seat and never use it, right? I mean, there's a reason they made it QUICK RELEASE on the 2-door and made the flooring behind the front seats flat, KNOWING most had no use or desire for a back seat lol. My kids are grown and I'm not an Uber driver.

Back seat?

You mean the free garage sofa that Jeep gave me for buying a JL.