Sponsored

Is it just me or the proportions on the 2 door JL seem off?

MattT69

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Cheers to those unpractical and limited 2-door 2-seater sports vehicles. Everyone loves them but only a few have a life that can maintain them...

If its all about 2 door proportions lets look at the other 2 doors that have either stretched the doors or cargo area or hood. The Jeep Wrangler has always had a long hood and short rear (see the CJ5) which makes it look sporty. The defender has the longer cargo area and the bronco has the long doors. If the JL 2 door were to adopt either of these options it would not look like a classic jeep wrangler.

I added my 2door 2seater JLR pics with & without the top for comparison plus I added a cool ''HellaYella' AMG for FUN :) because sports cars are cool!!!

My only complaint about any 2 door wrangler is that they should only come with 2 seats from factory, the back seat should be an option. We don't need back seats they only cramp our style and take up room in the garage!!!

If you need a backseat get the wagon... Every SUV and truck is getting longer so you'll blend in with the massive crowd...

ENJOY :)

Jeep Wrangler JL Is it just me or the proportions on the 2 door JL seem off? 2 door 2seater

Jeep Wrangler JL Is it just me or the proportions on the 2 door JL seem off? CJ5 yellow

Jeep Wrangler JL Is it just me or the proportions on the 2 door JL seem off? Bronco 2door

Jeep Wrangler JL Is it just me or the proportions on the 2 door JL seem off? Defender90

Jeep Wrangler JL Is it just me or the proportions on the 2 door JL seem off? AMG2 door

Jeep Wrangler JL Is it just me or the proportions on the 2 door JL seem off? IMG_20210801_163951_385
Sponsored

Last edited:

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
These two pics FTW!
Your yellow JLR w/ the painted flares looks SO right! Proportions of the 2dr seem off??? HELL NO THEY DON'T!!!!!

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
Cheers to those unpractical and limited 2-door 2-seater sports vehicles. Everyone loves them but only a few have a life that can maintain them...

If its all about 2 door proportions lets look at the other 2 doors that have either stretched the doors or cargo area or hood. The Jeep Wrangler has always had a long hood and short rear (see the CJ5) which makes it look sporty. The defender has the longer cargo area and the bronco has the long doors. If the JL 2 door were to adopt either of these options it would not look like a classic jeep wrangler. If you want to stretch out get a 4 door wagon.

I added my 2door 2seater JLR pics with & without the top for comparison plus I added a cool ''HellaYella' AMG for FUN :) because sports cars are cool!!!

My only complaint about any 2 door wrangler is that they should only come with 2 seats from factory, the back seat should be an option. We don't need back seats they only cramp our style and take up room in the garage!!!

If you need an SUV get the wagon...

ENJOY :)

Jeep Wrangler JL Is it just me or the proportions on the 2 door JL seem off? IMG_20210801_163951_385

View attachment 565729

Jeep looks sooo good! What size wheels & tires?

MattT69

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
These two pics FTW!
Your yellow JLR w/ the painted flares looks SO right! Proportions of the 2dr seem off??? HELL NO THEY DON'T!!!!!
That pic was my inspiration 💯 🇺🇸
Old school style 😎
I Started with a CJ7 followed by my favorite TJ4.0L then for the family JKU1, JKU2 and now my first Rubicon which had to be the very "limited edition" and "future classic" 2 door 2 seater JLR✌

Last edited:

Sponsored

MattT69

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with the OP especially stock, with a lift and bigger tires no.
Yes, any stock jeep looks off. Especially the 4 doors which look way too long on the ground just like the Gladiator looks really weird stock. But when compared to newer SUVs it gets a pass.
The lift needs to be 1.5x for the given length.

To make the 2 door look better it needs 1.5-2" lift
To make the 4 door look good it needs 2.5-3" lift
To make the Gladiator look decent it needs 3.5-4" lift
All with bigger tires to match of course 😉

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
I'm a huge TJ fan but the 2 door on the JL looks off, i just cant put my finger on it bc i really like the 2 door TJ.

Your thoughts, Thanks
It is an exceptionally wide vehicle for such a small interior.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Personally, I'm a huge fan of both the 2 and 4 door Jeeps. Not being able to have one of each and remain married, I had to go with the 4 that best serves my day to day and intended offroad uses.

I always thought that my Jeep looked freaking awesome and proper, back before I started changing things. Now when I look at before and after pics, the befores just seem a bit off. It seems longer than it really is. It just boils down to what one is used to looking at.

Jeep Wrangler JL Is it just me or the proportions on the 2 door JL seem off? 20190827_084948_resized(1)
Jeep Wrangler JL Is it just me or the proportions on the 2 door JL seem off? 20211014_133132

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
I agree with the OP. I think it's the angle of the front windshield that makes the profile of the 2dr jeep look a bit off, especially compared to a TJ. The extra length of a 4 door offsets that angle a bit. That being said, it wouldn't be enough stop me from getting a 2dr if I wanted one.
Likely. The new screen is there for aerodynamics (the TJ didn’t care 😊). I loved my TJ’s, but I love my JL as well.

Sponsored

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
I agree, I too have owned all model Jeeps since the YJ and I’ve always thought the 2door JL dimensions look off. Maybe it’s because of the rake of the windshield, but I think Ford however, really nailed the 2 door look. But then again, I’ve only seen Sasquatch package 2 doors, so the lift and tires probably plays a major role in that fact.

Edit: Went back and studied it and know why. First, the front part looks too long compared to the rear. Second, the rear tire is located too much forward in the wheelwell, like if the control arms should be a good inch longer, as opposed to the Bronco where its perfectly located.

I know it has to do with solid axles vs IFS, where swing arms travel back as they travel up, but still, lookwise it looks off.
Jeep Wrangler JL Is it just me or the proportions on the 2 door JL seem off? A630D662-47A1-4B2B-AA2F-0FEBF7A0371E

Jeep Wrangler JL Is it just me or the proportions on the 2 door JL seem off? 49E2320C-BB07-43F6-8C58-A62C095C847D
Sponsored

Last edited: