Sponsored

Is it just me or has the JL/JLU build quality gone way down from even a year ago?

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
It's still a Chrysler product... I'm more surprised when the build quality is good.
Sponsored

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
Don’t look too hard at the terrible paint job they do with the door hinges.
Your mileage out of the 4xe is impressive. Do you live close enough to work you're primarily using the electric drive?

Ron93YJ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Your mileage out of the 4xe is impressive. Do you live close enough to work you're primarily using the electric drive?
I drive about 50 miles a day and only charge overnight. About 50% of my daily miles are electric. Unfortunately, that Fuelly mileage number isn’t a “real” number since it’s assuming all of my miles are from running the gas engine.

Once your battery is “depleted” you only get about 20mpg on the gas engine.

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
I drive about 50 miles a day and only charge overnight. About 50% of my daily miles are electric. Unfortunately, that Fuelly mileage number isn’t a “real” number since it’s assuming all of my miles are from running the gas engine.

Once your battery is “depleted” you only get about 20mpg on the gas engine.
I mean the combination is why they call it MPGe. 38 mpg is fuel in vs miles driven. I figured the actual gas engine would be around 20.

Sponsored

MayThe4x4BWU

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR
Occupation
IT Small Business Owner
That's quite the list. Most of mine were cosmetic (lack of paint finish around most of the door hinges in particular)

The only one that remains unresolved (mostly because I'm lazy) is a poor quality rubber gasketthingamawhateveritscalled that surrounds the drivers side window on the outside. There is a seam in it that looks like it was put together by a 3 yr old 😆 My dealer has had the part in for a few weeks, but I'm not driving 60+ miles into the sticks in snow. Probably gonna wait til Spring and then just leave the door with them and go back for it after they're done 🤪

Surprisingly I had no parts/tools missing from it, which I was expecting given all the things that come off of it lol

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Your second number 2 seems really odd to me. How can the rear door not close correctly? Jeeps only have two doors, "front" doors, ammirite?

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
You can blame supply chain issues for stuff like this. Rather than keep vehicles for parts like hood padding or in the case of our 2022 Grand Cherokee no engine cover I think they're shipping rather than sitting on them for trivial parts like this.

I'm not sure what it looks like for the OE themselves but gaskets in general for one of the larger OE suppliers has been a absolute shit show for the last 6-12 months. I wouldn't be surprised if they had resources a few things like this.

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
You got lucky 3 rolls of the dice but you kept in the game.
Kenny Rogers says you gotta know when to fold them.

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Your second number 2 seems really odd to me. How can the rear door not close correctly? Jeeps only have two doors, "front" doors, ammirite?
Probably means the rear tailgate, considering it is a 2 door. :)

Northernlites

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Occupation
Retired
Got our new 2023 JLU Sport Altitude this past October, and none of the issues were present on ours. I found zero flaws, and I am a perfectionist all the way.

Asuriyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sarge Green JLR (6MT)
No major fit-and-finish issues with my (ordered) '23, after about a month to check it over. The B-pillar trim on the driver's side entry is a little wonky, but from what I can tell it's normal for a 2-door. Doesn't catch on anything, and honestly the loose footwell trim makes it much easier to run wiring, so I let that one go.

I did adjust the strike plate on the driver's door, as well. It sounds like that's all your tailgate needs. Think it takes a T25, but don't quote me.

Other than that... the fuses were all seated right (which truly surprised me), all the extras were there, no panel gaps or suspension creaks or unlivable annoyances. The latches on the back seat headrests are a little rattly, but the back seat is part-time anyway. Shifts nice and smooth after a few hundred miles to break in the clutch.

I'd say yours was probably built at 2:30 on a Friday afternoon...
Sponsored