Sponsored

Is it just me or do the all weather floor mats kinda suck?

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I pulled the carpet out for the summer 2 trips to the beach and I am loving it. Pull the weather mats out spray out Jeep dry and start over. I put the carpet in those big packing bags when we go to sell one day it will still have that new car smell I really wish that they had an all plastic liner like my old Chevy truck has. So yes we like the mats and how they clip in place and don't slide around.

Screenshot_20180906-215206_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20180906-215223_Photos.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jeep Jenn

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2-door Sport S
Oh! Oh! Oh! I just love those pink butterflies! They are fabulous!!! (in my best feminine voice) :swear:
since you have "issues" with them, can us girls use them?

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
since you have "issues" with them, can us girls use them?
Cough, cough...ahem, ahem (clearing throat for deep voice) Yes...absolutely...use away...ma'am. :)

Simon311

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Rubicon, Ocean Blue, 6spd
Occupation
Real Estate
Mine are GREAT, they're rimmed/locked in place and have a convenient "DRAIN PLUG"-

No complaints !

W.E.

JIMBO
Do you have to take out the factory floor drain plug in order to install the modal all weather mats? If so does that mean you have to cut the carpet?

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Do you have to take out the factory floor drain plug in order to install the modal all weather mats? If so does that mean you have to cut the carpet?
For them to work as designed, yes.
And the carpet is already 95%cut, you just snip the remainder.

Sponsored

BillXM

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unlimited Sport JL
If you haven’t yet, look it up on you tube. There’s some helpful videos that show and explain how it all works.

Thanks Pic18, video made me realize that dealer didn’t install my mats right. They put the mats right over the carpet without removing the drain plug.

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
I have wondered about the "Drain Plug" Mine is just a hole, online it looks like that is correct. Is there supposed to be a plug that fills that hole? Did my dealer toss the plug because they thought it was trash?
Yes your dealer is stupid and owes you a couple drain plugs.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Most dealers don’t “install “ these. They just toss them in and snap them in place. If your mat doesn’t have the plug, check to see if it’s still in the floor pan hole.

MarkH

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sahara, 2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Community Manager
I mean they work great. But in their efforts to be cutesy with the terrain map and the Jeep logo, they’re just uncomfortable to put your foot on. I know I’m in a Jeep and should be wearing rugged hiking boots all the time, but reality is most of the time I’m wearing leather-soled dress shoes for work or my standard casual boat shoes, and through the thin soles of each I feel all the relief lines on the map, the raised Jeep logo, etc. it’s just damned uncomfortable and hard to find a good spot for my left foot as a result. Am I too Princess and the Pea or anyone else notice this?
Chris you make a valid point. Sitting in the Jeep with these mats I often find my left foot sitting on top of the raised logo uncomfortably. Its very minor but I have to agree with you on this.

Blackwing 55

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Granite Crystal JLUR , 05 5.9 Dodge , 2014 Goldwing
I mean they work great. But in their efforts to be cutesy with the terrain map and the Jeep logo, they’re just uncomfortable to put your foot on. I know I’m in a Jeep and should be wearing rugged hiking boots all the time, but reality is most of the time I’m wearing leather-soled dress shoes for work or my standard casual boat shoes, and through the thin soles of each I feel all the relief lines on the map, the raised Jeep logo, etc. it’s just damned uncomfortable and hard to find a good spot for my left foot as a result. Am I too Princess and the Pea or anyone else notice this?
I'll third the princess thing for sure , wow just WOW !

Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
The ALL WEATHER MATS in my 2dr RUBY are really "TOP NOTCH", BUT

I drive a stick and I WEAR SHOES !

W.E.

JIMBO

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe you have diabetic neuropathy. Having that sensitive of feet is unusual. Get a check up and ask about neuropathy. If you do have it gabapentin often helps. Good luck

photowiz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
Occupation
newspaper and outdoor photographer
Vehicle Showcase
Mine work fine. Don't feel anything weird. They fit great lock in and are easy to remove for cleaning. My complaint is the rear matts don't have a lip to catch liquid. I think it's in the back but can't remember. Front matts are fine.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
I pulled the carpet out for the summer 2 trips to the beach and I am loving it. Pull the weather mats out spray out Jeep dry and start over. I put the carpet in those big packing bags when we go to sell one day it will still have that new car smell I really wish that they had an all plastic liner like my old Chevy truck has. So yes we like the mats and how they clip in place and don't slide around.

Screenshot_20180906-215206_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20180906-215223_Photos.jpg
OMG! It’s a Jeep, what are you doing man? It’s like you’re using it like it was designed for. Off road, in the sand, off in the mud!?! Look out, someone might report you...the hills have eyes...

Now, once upon a time, in a far, far away land, having carpet in your Jeep meant you knew someone who worked at a carpet store and had some sample cuts lying around...
Sponsored