Sponsored

Is it just me or do the all weather floor mats kinda suck?

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
I don't think so, mines a hole also/w a formed stub that fit's into the floor board drain--

No BIGGEE--

W.E.

JIMBO
Sponsored

OP
OP
S2k Chris

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
really? Mine came installed from the dealer. The hole is open. Seamed kinda stupid to have all weather floor mats with a hole in them... oh and what is this "funnel thing" is that supposed to come with them too?
Mine did too, dealer didn't do the whole thing with the funnel (which is molded into the bottom of the mat) into the floorboard either. Pull out the little carpet plugs, I bet the plug is still under there.

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
I pulled my Jeep all weather mats out about a week after we purchased it, and replaced them with Maxliner. We’ve always used Weather Tech in the past, but Im glad we switched. Really love how far they go under the rear seat. Even got a military discount when we ordered them.

E9CE55EF-D0F2-4D49-9C19-DDE0225A9316.jpeg

FD8997EC-5D47-4197-A732-8076654294FE.jpeg

889C4BA0-C2A7-4F5A-8B76-C92C794A0ADA.jpeg

Last edited:

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
My all-weather mopar mats seem fine in thin shoes. But I did think the overlap clasp in the back was sortof weak and could have made a better connection. I have 2 boys climbing in, out, and often across.

Hmmm, need to get the carpet in for a little before fall rainy season!

Broccoli2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL, 2011 JK 1946CJ2-A
Mine did too, dealer didn't do the whole thing with the funnel (which is molded into the bottom of the mat) into the floorboard either. Pull out the little carpet plugs, I bet the plug is still under there.
Wait, So, you are supposed to remove a plug out of the floorboard and stick the mat drain hole out through the bottom of the floorboard so it can drain while you drive. Well that is insane. Or, I guess you could pick up your full of water floor mat pick up the carpet, remove the plug, then replace the mat to drain. Well, that is insane too.

Sponsored

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
Wait, So, you are supposed to remove a plug out of the floorboard and stick the mat drain hole out through the bottom of the floorboard so it can drain while you drive. Well that is insane. Or, I guess you could pick up your full of water floor mat pick up the carpet, remove the plug, then replace the mat to drain. Well, that is insane too.
If you haven’t yet, look it up on you tube. There’s some helpful videos that show and explain how it all works.

Movingday

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
really? Mine came installed from the dealer. The hole is open. Seamed kinda stupid to have all weather floor mats with a hole in them... oh and what is this "funnel thing" is that supposed to come with them too?
take your mat out. Look at the bottom of the hole. The “funnel thing” is built in. If you can’t see the drain plug in the floor then you still need to cut the carpet around it. There are already slits in the carpet where it needs to be cut to expose the drain plug

Rubicop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU- ordered 6-18
Going to wait for quadratec ultimate floor liners.. they should be ready to order late September early October I was told in an email from them. I dig the tire tread looks and with kids and winter coming they should do the job! With re: to original post shouldn't weather tec have less aggressive/jeepy ones?

Broccoli2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL, 2011 JK 1946CJ2-A
take your mat out. Look at the bottom of the hole. The “funnel thing” is built in. If you can’t see the drain plug in the floor then you still need to cut the carpet around it. There are already slits in the carpet where it needs to be cut to expose the drain plug

OK SERIOULY!!! How did I not know this. I am usually the one on other forms pointing out the obvious and linking videos. I mean seriously, I needed a video to install floor mats. I have yet to even really look at it so, I hope I would have been able to figure that out before my 10 year old daughter showed me..... christ.... Thanks for the info,
signed
Ashamed to be alive, haha

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
OK SERIOULY!!! How did I not know this. I am usually the one on other forms pointing out the obvious and linking videos. I mean seriously, I needed a video to install floor mats. I have yet to even really look at it so, I hope I would have been able to figure that out before my 10 year old daughter showed me..... christ.... Thanks for the info,
signed
A friend pulled my plugs and fixed mine for me... felt like a moron.

Only thing I dont like about the mats is that they dont cover the carpets higher up off of the floor. I've already gotten stuff up there and wished I had more coverage. Otherwise, no complaints from me.

Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
signed
By the way, the directions to pour water out of your boots are written on the bottom of the heel. :giggle:

Outwest970

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Just curious (I haven't tried it), but when it comes to resting your left foot, does anyone use a dead pedal (assuming you have an automatic transmission)? I wonder if that'd be more comfortable for some drivers - again, I haven't tried it.

https://www.mountainoffroad.com/815572023681.html

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I avoid the potential discomfort of the texture of the floor mats by wearing shoes while I drive. It's crazy. You guys should try it.

MACCTM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, Honda Fury motorcycle, Infiniti QX30
I avoid all weather mat needs by living where there is no weather. Hot 6 months, moderate for 6 months, 8 inches of rain a year and no snow, ever. Carpet works just fine for Phoenix.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
I avoid all weather mat needs by living where there is no weather. Hot 6 months, moderate for 6 months, 8 inches of rain a year and no snow, ever. Carpet works just fine for Phoenix.
I'm with you man. South Texas Weather is exactly the same. We had like 1/2" of snow 2 times in the last 100 years LOL. However as I was about to agree with you, it started to pour here LOL
Sponsored