Sponsored

Is it just me or do the all weather floor mats kinda suck?

OP
OP
S2k Chris

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
My mats in my 2 week old Jeep have about a 1/2" of sand in them as a results of a ton of time spent in/around the lake with it this past weekend. The mats aren't just for snow and slush.
Sponsored

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
I have never noticed how they feel, regardless of what I am wearing. I just appreciate that they don't get slippery when they are wet. Plus they do their job, unlike the rain gutters over the door. :like:

Sting_Rubi

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I'll go with Princess ! :cwl::cwl:

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I mean they work great. But in their efforts to be cutesy with the terrain map and the Jeep logo, they’re just uncomfortable to put your foot on. I know I’m in a Jeep and should be wearing rugged hiking boots all the time, but reality is most of the time I’m wearing leather-soled dress shoes for work or my standard casual boat shoes, and through the thin soles of each I feel all the relief lines on the map, the raised Jeep logo, etc. it’s just damned uncomfortable and hard to find a good spot for my left foot as a result. Am I too Princess and the Pea or anyone else notice this?
It's just you.

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
really? Mine came installed from the dealer. The hole is open. Seamed kinda stupid to have all weather floor mats with a hole in them... oh and what is this "funnel thing" is that supposed to come with them too?
I think you can order those plugs from the ExtremeTerrain website if you don't have them..

Sponsored

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
really? Mine came installed from the dealer. The hole is open. Seamed kinda stupid to have all weather floor mats with a hole in them... oh and what is this "funnel thing" is that supposed to come with them too?
I cut the "funnel" off with a hack saw. Buy some extra drain plugs online (jk ones work also) and plug in the hole in the matt. Use the original plugs for the floor.

RichD

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S
I have wondered about the "Drain Plug" Mine is just a hole, online it looks like that is correct. Is there supposed to be a plug that fills that hole? Did my dealer toss the plug because they thought it was trash?
The intent is to reuse the plug from the floor.

Broccoli2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL, 2011 JK 1946CJ2-A
I cut the "funnel" off with a hack saw. Buy some extra drain plugs online (jk ones work also) and plug in the hole in the matt. Use the original plugs for the floor.
I was thinking the same ting. Not sure I want to cut the piece of carpet out. Floor mats don't last forever and if they stop making these or I want to try a different kind, that would suck

Sponsored

NathanG

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Wait, So, you are supposed to remove a plug out of the floorboard and stick the mat drain hole out through the bottom of the floorboard so it can drain while you drive. Well that is insane. Or, I guess you could pick up your full of water floor mat pick up the carpet, remove the plug, then replace the mat to drain. Well, that is insane too.
That's how you service the transmission, use a funnel thru the hole. Its in the owners manual.

RichD

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S
I have to agree with Chris on the feel. Too thin and plasticky. I had weather tek in my last car, but same cheap feel. I had an F150 with nice thick ribbed rubber OEM mats a few years back. Would be nice to find that the JL.

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
I was thinking the same ting. Not sure I want to cut the piece of carpet out. Floor mats don't last forever and if they stop making these or I want to try a different kind, that would suck
Yeah, worked great. I guess it was a utility saw. I don't intend on ever hosing down my floor matts while in the car.

20180830_221925.jpg

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
I saved the two pieces of carpet- put ‘em in the glove box. If I ever want to go with a different mat all I have to do is press the carpet pieces right back where they came from. I even marked them driver side and passenger side in the unlikely event they’re slight different cuts.

Last edited:

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU , 2018 JLUR, 2023 JLR all DDs
I personally like the water/dirt drain. Like the texture and they are made from a quality material. Never been a fan of the big high topped harder "plastic" feel mats. Took me about five minutes to figure out how to install them and I really dig the design.

I just wished the map embossed on the mat covered more territory. Its really confusing when you get to the edges.
Sponsored