Sponsored

Is it just me or are current Wrangler buyers different…[CLOSED DUE TO INSULTING BEHAVIOR]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeeb

First Name
JEEB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps!
Have your dealer install the Mopar lift and it keeps its warranty. There are a ton of things that can be done and keep your warranty - sometimes you do have to pay more and go through the dealer to keep your warranty in place.
Thanks, I tried that route but talking to my dealer's service dept., they were kind of unsure as to whether I'd be covered or not. I'm so confused.
Sponsored

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
I bought mine because I wanted a convertible, I've got dogs (well right now, dog, sadly) and Iive in a winter climate. I don't give a shit about off road capability. It's nice to know that I can drive over things... and I have! I'm not a truck guy either...

Basically, I don't want to give the impression I'm something that I'm not. I'd like to throw some Rubicon wheels and tires on, but that's as big as I'll go. I also have no use for a lift.

I look at it more as a hippy dune buggy on steroids than anything else. (but this is for ME... how you do yours is your decision)

King Mopar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hellcat, 2022 392XR, 2020 JLU
Thanks, I tried that route but talking to my dealer's service dept., they were kind of unsure as to whether I'd be covered or not. I'm so confused.
yeah, when the dealer isn't sure or confident that makes it hard! Do you have any other dealers around you could go to?

There is definitely a ton of misinformation out there and your right being safe rather than sorry!

Jeeb

First Name
JEEB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps!
yeah, when the dealer isn't sure or confident that makes it hard! Do you have any other dealers around you could go to?

There is definitely a ton of misinformation out there and your right being safe rather than sorry!
I think I will try another dealer. The misinformation definitely makes me think twice!

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

That's one reason I went with AEV. 37s, Warn winch, 3" lift, Bilstein reservoir shocks, 4.56:1 gears, etc. covered for 3 years / 36k through my local (AEV Certified) dealership. Pricey, but oh well.

Sponsored

Shelly

First Name
Shelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S
My 2021 Sport S 2door is my first Wrangler. I’ve had a Patriot and a Cherokee before I was finally able to get the Wrangler I’ve always wanted. I have done some things to my Wrangler that are easy mods I was able to do myself such as a dead pedal and the 3rd tail light ring behind the spare tire, but I am waiting to do any more extensive mods such as a lift until I can 1) afford it and 2) until any changes won’t affect my warranty and 3) mostly until I figure out exactly what I want to change. I am still trying yo decide which bumpers I want to get for mine.

Initial-Jeep

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 392XR Tuscadero, PT Cruiser Dream Cruisers 2&4
Occupation
Data Engineer, Retired Air Force
I'm not seeing an either-or here, to those whining about "pavement princesses", modding, not modding, rock-crawling or whatever. 'Cos John only mall-crawls doesn't mean Jane can't run the Rubicon....not a zero-sum here...

"You do you"

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
There seems to be a lot of sensitivity in this thread, I guess I'll just have to side w/ Duff on this one~

Jeep Wrangler JL Is it just me or are current Wrangler buyers different…[CLOSED DUE TO INSULTING BEHAVIOR] 1652747645865

mchastings

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Sport S 2Dr / 2015 Rubicon JKU/2020 Willys JLU Diesel
Occupation
Working to pay my Taxes
Maybe it’s the substantial price increase, maybe they have moved onto other things but…

I was having a discussion with my wife tonight after we saw a modded JK, and we both agreed that during the JK’s prime there were many more modded Wranglers rolling around town then there are for JLs.

Ive felt like this for a while now, I rarely see lifted JL’s with larger tires and aesthetic mods anymore…All I’d see is the occasional JT with large muds, a roof rack and lift.

Hell I used to see JKs with dynatrac axles runnin around town more than I see modded JL’s nowadays. Maybe those people all switched over to muscle cars for now since there are more Dodge Chargers on the road than Honda Civics lol. When I had my 2015 Sahara I felt like I was part of a big family…always waving…now it’s soccer moms in JLs lol

thoughts?
Everything Costs too much since the Virus hit, my jeep mods are on the nice to have list versus must have.

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
The JLUR is so capable you don't need to mod it. I was going to put a 2" lift and 35s on mine until I actually took it out on trails and basically drove up to an obstacle, put the seat back, took a 5 minute nap and when I woke up, the Jeep had me over the obstacle and said, "that was easy".

Sponsored

Kryten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
The JLUR is so capable you don't need to mod it. I was going to put a 2" lift and 35s on mine until I actually took it out on trails and basically drove up to an obstacle, put the seat back, took a 5 minute nap and when I woke up, the Jeep had me over the obstacle and said, "that was easy".
I've had the same experience with mine. I've taken it on a few trails that people call difficult and never even put it in 4 wheel drive. I had all these mods planned but so far it doesn't seem like any are necessary.

SERVR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 & 2022 Wrangler 4xe on order

TMJL2018

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
Occupation
Technology & part-time Google mechanic
Clubs

Sometimes things break and you need to upgrade your JL. This is my 2018 Sport upgraded after I sheared my rear axle and other things.

FB_IMG_1647797299178.jpg

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
No matter the consumer product from phones to motorcycles to bicycles to autos, on forums there is always group of self described “gatekeepers” looking down their noses at new groups of buyers. Forgetting that their cherished companies were facing, went through bankruptcy or disappeared completely by not evolving to today’s buyers. Those that did are mostly doing fine. Sounds like old men grumbling about better days gone by. On Harley forums it mostly is 😂
Particularly hilarious for me as a rider is the Harley vs Sportbike dance offs, one side dresses like gay pirates other side dress like power rangers and both love to strike a pose equally 😎
I being a has been Harley rider was always embarrassed by the gay pirate scene ... I did like the dealer network though, you could break down anywhere in the counrtry and get service parts pretty easy ..

RandyMarion CDJR

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Randymarionjeepram.com
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Jeep Wrangler 4xe, Subaru Crosstrek
That’s because the JK’s have been around for years and the JL’s are relatively new (some ‘18’s still under extended factory warranty even). I think in a few years you’ll see the same ratio of modded JL’s.
Agreeeeed^
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.