Sponsored

Is it just me or are current Wrangler buyers different…[CLOSED DUE TO INSULTING BEHAVIOR]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
I haven't even been yet! I have been way too busy, but I am definitely going next month.
I am going to do Rivers and Ribeyes Trail and Hidden Falls Park for sure. If time permits I’m going to also do The Texas Hill Country Tour.
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I am going to do Rivers and Ribeyes Trail and Hidden Falls Park for sure. If time permits I’m going to also do The Texas Hill Country Tour.
Is your pup riding along too? Looks like a cool co-pilot :)

janusEffect

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
From what I’ve seen throughout southern Idaho, JLs are the least modded - but it’s not substantially less than other generations of Wranglers. My thoughts on why that might be around here:

- The JL demographics seem more diverse than those of JKs
- Owners may be waiting until the factory warranty expires to make major modifications
- Desirable parts are not readily available locally due to supply issues (aside from tires / wheels)
- There are still a lot of JKs on the road
- In the current market conditions even a used JL is out of reach for many buyers
- The release of the Gladiator drew a lot of potential JL buyers toward the JT instead

To the last point, I’ve seen a LOT of Gladiators on the road lately, most of which have more than just bigger tires and a lift kit.

engineXI

First Name
jank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
The OP was questioning why they didn't see more ppl with dynatrac axles. The simple answer is $40k.

I freakin love my jeep. I cannot explain how awesome and capable it is. I easily spent over $10k in aftermarket and another $10k in-process/upcoming, but upgraded axles are not on the menu even for the next 5 year mark.
Probably 5-10 years I'll look into long arm and 37"-40", but now it doesn't seem needed.
So far, my jlur has destroyed anything I have come across.

When I compare it to my S10 4x4 I had in the 90s, it is like a galaxy of capability away.

Sponsored

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
With vehicles like the Ford F150 Raptor 37, the Ford Bronco Raptor (also on 37s from the factory) and the likely response from Jeep (Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Super Xtreme Recon) hopefully also on 37s, you can now buy stock vehicles that are as capable as the most modified rigs of the previous generation.

It is the same thing with horsepower and sports cars. You can now choose from an endless list of 500, 600, 700+HP cars. Even family sedans now have 1,000 hp (Tesla Plaid, etc). So the need for engine modifications is also disappearing.

Why mod, when you can get it all from the factory with full warranty and no hassles.

P.S. My JLUR is built nearly identically to my JKUR, down to the same color, just slightly bigger tires. So put me in the boring, not different column.

[DELETED USER 82058]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon 2-Door
I’ve had a TJ and 2 JKs (Sahara & Rubicon). I dropped nearly $15K in the Sahara modding it. The Rubicon JK just needed bumpers and a winch and that was all I did. Now I have the JL Rubi and out of the box it is probably as capable as the Sahara JK I modded. Take into account how much everything costs now, it’s hard to justify spending $$$$$ on a capable $60K stock vehicle. The Rubicon is beefy, steel bumpers from factory. I’ve ordered wheels; I’ll add some BD fogs and real sliders. That’s all it really needs. I honestly think mods have dropped because Jeep has built a better vehicle from the factory.

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
It’s probably already been said in here but the days of the Wrangler being a niche enthusiast vehicle are long gone. It’s a mainstream vehicle that has been improved enough over the years that normal average Joe buyers can tolerate the rougher ride for a more rugged look. Most Wrangler owners won’t mod them and most won’t take them off-road.

It is what it is - a mainstream vehicle that is capable of doing whatever you want it to do but still appeals to enthusiasts and people who don’t care at all about anything other than how it looks and everyone in between. They’re so commonplace now that I’m one of those that simply doesn’t bother waving because every other vehicle around here practically is a Wrangler.

Jeep Wrangler JL Is it just me or are current Wrangler buyers different…[CLOSED DUE TO INSULTING BEHAVIOR] 1652619283094

Maybe it’s the substantial price increase, maybe they have moved onto other things but…

I was having a discussion with my wife tonight after we saw a modded JK, and we both agreed that during the JK’s prime there were many more modded Wranglers rolling around town then there are for JLs.

Ive felt like this for a while now, I rarely see lifted JL’s with larger tires and aesthetic mods anymore…All I’d see is the occasional JT with large muds, a roof rack and lift.

Hell I used to see JKs with dynatrac axles runnin around town more than I see modded JL’s nowadays. Maybe those people all switched over to muscle cars for now since there are more Dodge Chargers on the road than Honda Civics lol. When I had my 2015 Sahara I felt like I was part of a big family…always waving…now it’s soccer moms in JLs lol

thoughts?

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
Didn't read all 5 pages, but had to laugh at . . ." see JKs with dynatrac axles runnin around town . . .
on Staten Island!!

G. :LOL:

rubiria

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Even having a bone stock JLUR as my very first Jeep, calling her a “Street Jeep” is merely an understatement. I do hit Trails from time to time, but I’m also conscientious about that this is also my Daily. As I continue to save up, more Goodies will come along the way.

At least I am not afraid to show off all the muddy deposits on my Ride after the Trails either.

Sponsored

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I don't really want to add everything up but I'm probably the 15-20k range of aftermarket parts. I waited a few years before buying my Jeep though so I could avoid financing it, and not having a loan makes it easier mentally when spending a few thousand bucks at a time on some juicy aftermarket parts. I also dont really care about warranties and all that. I enjoy my Jeep as much as I can, took it through some gnarly rock gardens yesterday and scratched up all kinds of parts lol 😆
Jeep Wrangler JL Is it just me or are current Wrangler buyers different…[CLOSED DUE TO INSULTING BEHAVIOR] 20220515_093517

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I don't really want to add everything up but I'm probably the 15-20k range of aftermarket parts. I waited a few years before buying my Jeep though so I could avoid financing it, and not having a loan makes it easier mentally when spending a few thousand bucks at a time on some juicy aftermarket parts. I also dont really care about warranties and all that. I enjoy my Jeep as much as I can, took it through some gnarly rock gardens yesterday and scratched up all kinds of parts lol 😆
Jeep Wrangler JL Is it just me or are current Wrangler buyers different…[CLOSED DUE TO INSULTING BEHAVIOR] 20220515_093517
U-go-boy!!!
NICE!

Cajun21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Ram 1500
Wow, a moment in thought-well in my area you do see the JL's mostly stock-probably a few things yes expensive, mods are expensive-but then again the shade tree mechanic (US) are no longer around all the tech in these things-the youngsters are going toward the ricers. As for us old guys we still remember wrenching on the TJ,JK's-and maybe half of us are still mechanically inclined to work on them; but ofcourse it's starting to put a strain on us due to those dam warranties. But to the few of us still left. Keep the Jeep wave going. We will be the minority soon at these cost.

Cajun21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Ram 1500
BTW, seeing “lots of modded” Jeeps doesn’t mean those owners take them off-road...
Thats really funny-I went to audio store to upgrade my sound system and there was this JT full modded and when I talked to the guy he doesn't even take it offroad nor does he go camping. I didn't ask but there's a lot of these guys out there just going for the look. He asked me why I had all the racing stripes and bent muffler pipe and a few more things and well I told him I use it for the fun of it. The look priceless. Keep the Jeep wave going.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.