Sponsored

Is it just me or are current Wrangler buyers different…[CLOSED DUE TO INSULTING BEHAVIOR]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I didn't read thru every single post, but I'm sure it has to do with a combination of the cost/new-ness and warranty. How many people here are willing to drop $50k+ and then throw all kinds of money at it for mods and then take it rock crawling? Unless you have the income to wipe your ass with $100 bills, it just doesn't make sense
Me, lol. I don't wipe my ass with $100s, I use $50s instead 😉
Sponsored

7vaa

First Name
Mohammed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited 2021
Vehicle Showcase
Both buyers and Wranglers have changed.

FCA wanted to attract more educated, affluent buyers, willing to pay the high premiums and margins Marchionne loved. Meanwhile, Wranglers have become more refined, more loaded with creature comforts, and significantly more complex.

We now regularly see JL buyers trading in Mercedes, Audis and Lexus, which was rare before. At the same time, the number of DIYers, the college kids and the adrenaline seekers have all but disappeared.

One thing that has not changed is the crummy service we receive from Jeep dealers. In fact, it’s worsened over the last 7-8 years.

Wranglers have traditionally enjoyed some of the highest owner retention levels in the industry. I wonder whether JL’s new customers, used to Mercedes and Lexus levels of service, will stick around after they get to experience Jeep’s combat-drill customer service.
COMABT-DRILL Customer Service it is :(
My JLU has yet to pas its 19000 Mile, and I can say with sadness that I have had to verbally threaten to sue my dealer in the UAE for misleading and not disclosing, on several occasions.

BEACHED WHALE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
I think it was more of a Mall crawling fad that died out. Performance was lacking on 80% of them because people never regeared. I know this because there are countless posts on wrangler forum & jl forum that say their jeeo runs fine on 35's and stock gears

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Doesn't look closed to me.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
That is my plan - these are expensive vehicles - and I don't want the warranty voided for any reason! JLs are also very capable from the factory - there isn't really a need to do a whole lot off the bat.
i took mine apart on the 2nd day of ownership at 92 miles.

Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
I didn't read thru every single post, but I'm sure it has to do with a combination of the cost/new-ness and warranty. How many people here are willing to drop $50k+ and then throw all kinds of money at it for mods and then take it rock crawling? Unless you have the income to wipe your ass with $100 bills, it just doesn't make sense
According to “Muscle Cars and Trucks” the average income of Wrangler buyers is $116,748- Makes me way below average!! Also 94% homeowners, 72% male. My guess would be they got 1 out of 3 right. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Charmagne

First Name
Charmagne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
80th AE JL
Newbie here, just doin' me, in my stock JL 80th AE.

Been off road a few times but mostly just love driving my Jeep, no matter where I am. Love reading about and seeing all the mods and builds that people do. And it makes my day when someone waves back.

I've done little things that make her mine but don't know if I'll find the need to do much more. Not even a Rubicon and she can do more than I will ever need her to.

So I'm probably part of that change in demographic but the great thing is....I know you'll wave back and we'll both smile as we continue down the road. :jk:✌
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.