Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
You know they have a computer flash TSB to fix the fan noise, right? We haven't had ours done (build date around June of 2018) b/c I kinda think they are just turning down the RPM to lessen the drone of the fan's speed.....and in AZ, I'd rather have the cooling and live with the annoyingly loud fan noise (especially when spotting, lol).

But but but.... it's a dry heat! LOL

I'm in the same boat. Live with the noise to keep it cool. I only have to run the AC a few months out of the year anyways and I just rolled over 11k miles in 2.5 years worth of ownership. So I just turn up the music to cope.

The only time it bugs me is in drive thru's.
Sponsored

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I am just around corner in Las Vegas, dark gray so most definitely attracts the heat. I have the insulated top, carbon tint and front windshield has the UV tint, the jeep stays ice cold even with the Sunrider top.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
I have a body colored hard top and factory headliner. I’ve been told that it will stay cooler than the black. That being said, I don’t bring my Jeep to Arizona during the summer months.
I have both the black hard top and premium soft top and live in Arizona year round and after probably 5-7 minutes the interior is comfortable after Jeep has been enjoying a nice 100Ëš+ heat soak.

I was running with the doors off this weekend at 103Ëš and the wife asked me to turn on the A/C. In this scenario the interior will definitely not cool down to your satisfaction. I did not turn on the A/C and explained the fruitless effort that would have been.

Grooster

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 Cherokee Latitude
Occupation
IT Director
What did that run you cost wise?
I was wondering if something like this was possible cause i like OEM stuff haha. I'll probably get the Rubicon then if this is feasible.
You can find the OEM headliner kit for as low as $420 (Amazon). I got mine for $450 from the dealer and that was after haggling with them - list is $500. Kinda pricey but fits well and really removed that Coleman Cooler look of the top inside. The kit uses Velcro strips - follow the instructions so the tape sticks well. Even with the windows down the kit never flaps. Worth it!

Sponsored

Grooster

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 Cherokee Latitude
Occupation
IT Director
If you’re not using a sunscreen on the windshield then you should. Makes a big difference on the 100 degree days. I’m lucky enough that I can park in the shade now at work so the shade doesn’t see much use anymore. Silly me, I bought the Mopar shade (pricey!) but it does the job well. Hot to the touch when i pull it from the windshield, too. Perfect fit to the Jeep windshield.

Cleoncini

First Name
Conner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I had an 07 JK with the black hardtop and I have to say that thing would absolutely ROAST. You would burn your hands trying to remove that thing in the summer without a towel to hold on to... Now with the JL I have the painted top and its cool to touch inside easily and doesn't cook the inside of my jeep in the high desert heat here. Get yourself a Spidershade and pull the panels off, best investment yet!

deserteagle56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
This has been discussed in another post here recently. I removed my black hardtop and painted it white (Jeep is white); it made a world of difference. The A/C has no problem keeping up with the Nevada sun now.

deserteagle56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
My A/C system is powerful but because dark colors are hotter than light, I optioned white and white top. Hothead liners helped but I also changed the color of some of the black interior plastic exposed to sun. I use a windshield cover, also makes a big difference.
Jeep Wrangler JL Is it hard to keep your interior cool? 1597252673334

I have yet to recover the seats to match.
Tell me more about changing the interior color. I HATE black! Did you paint those panels yourself or have it done by a shop?

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Ok this is kind of an odd question, so I've been in the market for a Rubicon or a Rebel and I've been really torn between the two but lately I've been leaning a bit more to the Rubicon.

A friend of mine had one and he says the Jeep always felt like an oven (had a hard top) that was impossible to cool down the interior even with the A/C on full blast. This would be my first Jeep and he didn't have the Jeep for a long time so idk if he's just being dramatic about it or if there's some truth to that. I live in Arizona where our Summers like to push above 110°.....
Dramatic.

In AZ -- this thing flat out cools my cabin down significantly faster than my BMW 4 door sedan, and keeps it cold. It was 114 out and I had to turn the AC -DOWN- to 3 the other day because I was freezing.

Silver JLUR w/ colored Hard top 4 door with the hard top foam (factory) and rubber mats (factory). I do have 3m crystalline tint (70% -- doesn't look tinted) on the front side windows (not rear). Honestly, you will be perfectly fine. Just don't park it in the sun like any vehicle.

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Ok this is kind of an odd question, so I've been in the market for a Rubicon or a Rebel and I've been really torn between the two but lately I've been leaning a bit more to the Rubicon.

A friend of mine had one and he says the Jeep always felt like an oven (had a hard top) that was impossible to cool down the interior even with the A/C on full blast. This would be my first Jeep and he didn't have the Jeep for a long time so idk if he's just being dramatic about it or if there's some truth to that. I live in Arizona where our Summers like to push above 110°.....
Where I live summers reach 113F (45C) and I haven't had a single issue with the A/C. Never had a black jeep so I don't know if they're much different.

Your friend sounds like a drama queen.

SDot

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR HellaYella
I live on Long Island where our summers can push to upper 90s and even low 100s recently with high humidity. Our heat indices can approach 105 plus at times. At least for me, the JLUR A/C does a very fine job cooling it down. Only advise will be is to shut down the ESS either from inside the cabin every time you start the vehicle. Or you can pop the hood and take out the ESS relay that will shut it down permanently until you put the relay back in. Lastly you can just turn your A/C blower fan on full blast to prevent ESS from kicking it. if ESS shuts off, the A/C isnt as good.

Long Island here too.. I have the power top and of course when I enter the Jeep it's hot as can be but the AC cools things down quickly and keeps cool without any issues.

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
My A/C system is powerful but because dark colors are hotter than light, I optioned white and white top. Hothead liners helped but I also changed the color of some of the black interior plastic exposed to sun. I use a windshield cover, also makes a big difference.

I have yet to recover the seats to match.
Looks clean like the thread starter said. What sorcery did you use?

azredzone

First Name
Terrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon

I own a Rubicon with a black top and live in Phoenix. It's like any other vehicle, once you cool it down it's fine. I've had mine for a year and have never had an issue with a hot interior. The Jeep AC works very well.
Sponsored