Sponsored

Is it even worth the effort to try to work with local (Ohio) dealers if I'm willing to go to Gupton?

Buck9s

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i, 2017 SantaFe
What are the chances that a local dealer (in this case Ohio) would go to 4% below invoice? I'm willing to go to Gupton or Koons for their ~6% off invoice and would be willing to buy local if they could get to 4% off but I don't want to waste my time, or theirs, if there is no real chance of this happening?

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Blanco802

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I believe Ratbert has an excel file that lists all dealers who are willing and able to offer sizeable discounts for forum members. I don't recall seeing Ohio dealers on there and if you're willing to travel to secure a good deal and help support dealers who provide great deals to forum members, I'd recommend that. That is the route I took.

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
Doesn't take long to send them an offer and move on if they say no.

jblackst

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU; '22 JL (well, it's the wife's)
I gave several of my local dealers a chance, and was up front to them about the deal being offered by Gupton. In each case, their rebuttal was that they couldn't match the price. What do you have to lose? It might take a day to get a response from a few local dealers.

More than this, it lets local dealers know that customers are willing to visit faraway dealers to do business for a no nonsense deal. I'm still shocked hearing local radio ads touting that they are selling vehicles at MSRP, like they're doing the customer a favor.

powerfade

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito!, 2022 JLUWXR Sarge
If you could what are the odds that they would then try to rape you with protection packages and nitrogen and wheel locks and whatever else pads their profits. I feel like there is strength in numbers working with the dealers in this forum; folks here watching out for each other.

Sponsored

Powelligator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2022 JL Rubicon
Clubs

My local dealer not only said they couldn't (and wouldn't) match Gupton, but they wanted the $5K markup on factory orders. Yeah, no.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
My local dealer not only said they couldn't (and wouldn't) match Gupton, but they wanted the $5K markup on factory orders. Yeah, no.
“The” markup on factory orders? As if that’s an established thing? Yeah I would have walked away too.

Rjstevens

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Sahara (on order)
Call Miles Goff at Dan Cummins CJDR in Georgetown Kentucky.

Brandonhgt

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe
Give Corey Lenz at Rouen Jeep in Woodville a call. I worked with him and Eric Hirzel on our deal last year after finding them on a recommended dealer list and they were great. Their deal was not quite as good as Gupton but we were happy to get our Sahara with msrp of just under 62k for 56k (which Includes price protection for one of the price hikes). For us it was worth it as they were only 1.5 hours from home whereas Gupton is about 9 hours away.
Sponsored