Sponsored

Is it common to have to pump the brakes twice to get a solid pedal?

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Beach, 2022 JLU High Tide
Both my mine and my wife's Jeep's do the same as everyone is describing. Had the brakes bled and not much really changed. Now my wife's does stop ever so slightly better than mine but still not what I would say is great or awesome. I had a loaner Gladiator that would almost throw you through the windshield when you mashed the brakes. Others have said the Gladiator and the Wranglers have the same braking systems but yet they do not stop the same.
Sponsored

rayzjeep

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Try bleeding it with one of those speed bleeders...that's what I was planning on doing at some point..

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I've bled the brakes a couple times trying to fix it, it seemed to get better for about a week each time, or I was tricking myself

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Anyone get this figured out?
My '19 JLUR started doing this about 3 weeks ago. 24,140 miles. Completely stock. Out of Warranty.
This is definitely not normal. It went from firm and responsive to 'spongy' with a longer 'push' to the floor. Night and day from my '22 JLUR and other vehicles.
Hello! If you continue to experience concerns, our team suggests a dealership visit. If you decide to go that route and want some support, let us know.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Beach, 2022 JLU High Tide
Hello! If you continue to experience concerns, our team suggests a dealership visit. If you decide to go that route and want some support, let us know.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Going to the dealerships are almost pointless. They will argue that it is perfectly normal. That is what their SOP is on a lot of things unless its about to fall off. I went to our local with the brakes and its what I was told I told them it wasnt and after bitching, they said they would look at it more. However, after it sat there a day and a half and the dealership saying they were working on it, when they werent, I went and got my Jeep. I cant deal with a liar.
Sponsored