Sponsored

Is it better to take 2 doors or all doors off

Abend

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLUR, 1948 CJ-2A, 2018 Sting Gray JLU Sport (the wife's)
Not hating at all, but is that even legal?
It is in Kentucky and Ohio, anyway. Regardless of legality, I wouldn’t do it if I didn’t think she was safe back there. Keep in mind she’s in a 5-point restraint and her car seat is firmly anchored in place at multiple attachment points. There is no risk of her coming out of there, and we’re on low speed side streets where there are no worries about 60mph rocks or other debris that the doors would protect her from. At the speeds we're going, it's safer than towing her behind my bike in her trailer.

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Front 2 doors is usually all I take off for a few reasons.

1. I have a 2 year old in the back. Not much air gets to her back there even with my door off (Thanks Jeep!)
2. It would be harder to get in the back of the cargo area.
3. I have a front/back cam so it really doesnt matter (It's recording 24/7).

What type of cam do you use for the front/back cams and how do you power them? Thx.

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU (SOLD - March 2021)
Occupation
SD-WAN Engineer - Technical Author
What type of cam do you use for the front/back cams and how do you power them? Thx.
I use this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0742J69SQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I hardwired (I ran the wires underneath the lip of the windshield channel, down the floorboard and on up to the rear console) into the dual USB/12V in put in the rear console:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...t-to-rear-of-center-console.6927/#post-150299

Looks very professional. Always on, always recording :) (And no it doesnt use hardly any of your Jeep battery. I've been running it like this for a year and the battery level hasn't changed one bit).

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
hey I got a 4 door JK and I’ve only taken the doors off a handful of times. I usually only take the two front doors off. Just wondering if you guys prefer taking them all off over just the two fronts.
Peace & Love
these are the very difficult decisions one has to make in a free country : ) the answer goes like this - do you like blonds or brunettes?

Sponsored

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager
these are the very difficult decisions one has to make in a free country : ) the answer goes like this - do you like blonds or brunettes?
Yes. That was difficult.

OP
OP

Circa891

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler JK
Would just like to share, I took all 4 off and it’s way better than just the front 2. Way less wind drag

RastaPasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
If I take one door off, I take them all off. The exception (and understandable) would be those who have children in back.

americonium

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black
Occupation
Engineering Technician
Do whatever you want. It's your Jeep.