Is it better to take 2 doors or all doors off

Circa891

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler JK
hey I got a 4 door JK and I’ve only taken the doors off a handful of times. I usually only take the two front doors off. Just wondering if you guys prefer taking them all off over just the two fronts.
Peace & Love
Sponsored

mlebofsky

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon softtop
Occupation
Director, DoD
hey I got a 4 door JK and I’ve only taken the doors off a handful of times. I usually only take the two front doors off. Just wondering if you guys prefer taking them all off over just the two fronts.
Peace & Love
All; although it's purely an aesthetic thing. It's like asking what color jeep should I get.
Lately I only take my doors off when truly off roading. I like to see where I am putting my tires and how close I really am to things (cliffs, rocks, rattle snakes, etc)

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU (SOLD - March 2021)
Occupation
SD-WAN Engineer - Technical Author
Front 2 doors is usually all I take off for a few reasons.

1. I have a 2 year old in the back. Not much air gets to her back there even with my door off (Thanks Jeep!)
2. It would be harder to get in the back of the cargo area.
3. I have a front/back cam so it really doesnt matter (It's recording 24/7).

MikeJLUR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4 door Rubicon
For off-road, when I had a JKUR I would take all 4 off and put on my soft doors. With the soft doors and soft top on gave me less stuff to worried about damaging Offroad.

Abend

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLUR, 1948 CJ-2A, 2018 Sting Gray JLU Sport (the wife's)
Peace & Love
I definitely prefer having all 4 off. There is some buffeting when I leave the back doors on at highway speed, which gets mildly annoying on my commute, and I don't experience that at all with all 4 removed. This is with the soft top down - haven't actually tried it with the top up or with a hard top, so that might be different. I only leave the rear doors on if I need to drive my 18-month-old somewhere, though her strong preference is also for doors-off driving based on the giggles and "weeee!" I hear from the back seat when I leave those back doors off. :)

Sponsored

Shenanigunz

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL
perfer to have all 4 off when there isn't a lot of rain in the weeks forecast.

with kids in the back seat, i do leave the rear 2 on

OP
OP

Circa891

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler JK
I definitely prefer having all 4 off. There is some buffeting when I leave the back doors on at highway speed, which gets mildly annoying on my commute, and I don't experience that at all with all 4 removed. This is with the soft top down - haven't actually tried it with the top up or with a hard top, so that might be different. I only leave the rear doors on if I need to drive my 18-month-old somewhere, though her strong preference is also for doors-off driving based on the giggles and "weeee!" I hear from the back seat when I leave those back doors off. :)
Yea I’ve noticed that It feels like it grabs more wind with the two fronts off and the backs on. So that’s what I was really looking to find out here

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
If I take both of my front doors off, all of my doors are off.

I think if you have 4 doors, it looks better if all 4 are off. But I understand people leaving rear doors on if they have small children or dogs in the backseat.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I only have 2 doors and don’t understand your question. :bandit:

Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Personally I guess I think it looks a little weird to do anything except all on or all off, but I don't have a compelling reason to do it.

It's kinda like driving with the top down/off with all the windows up - looks goofy but if that's what you want/need to do then do it. I do that sometimes and really don't care what anyone thinks.

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
Not hating at all, but is that even legal?

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

All; although it's purely an aesthetic thing. It's like asking what color jeep should I get.
Lately I only take my doors off when truly off roading. I like to see where I am putting my tires and how close I really am to things (cliffs, rocks, rattle snakes, etc)
Ive been to take the doors off since i bought it, havent yet. I was planning to for offroading but after spending a couple hours cleaning my jeeps interior this weekend im not even dropping the top! Sooo much dust! I guess doors off will be for driving around town, if ever.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Not hating at all, but is that even legal?
Depends on what state you're in. Some it's OK, some you at least need mirrors, some it's not OK.

My state is good with just the center rear view mirror so doors off is OK, but man it's scary to me driving that way.

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
Depends on what state you're in. Some it's OK, some you at least need mirrors, some it's not OK.
I meant taking the doors off with toddlers in the back.
Sponsored