Is It April Yet???

GotSnow

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2016 Camry SE, 2005 F150 STX
Placed an order yesterday for a 2019 JLUR build and was told not to expect it until April. Right now this seems like a looong time away...

Ocean Blue
24R - V6/Auto
Black Hard Top
Electronic Infotainment
Cold Weather
LED Lighting
Trailer Tow
Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Unless the dealership is holding off on entering the order, that seems like a long wait. It "should" be quicker than that.

There is really no rhyme or reason as to when they build or ship a jeep. Some people that ordered 9/12 are still waiting. Some who ordered in November already have their jeeps.

Last edited:
OP
OP

GotSnow

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unless the dealership is holding off on entering the order, that seems like a long wait. It "should" be quicker than that.
I was working on this during the week and couldn't make it in until Saturday to do the paperwork. Dealer said they were told this by the Factory Rep on Thursday regarding my build. He said I could get it "substantially" quicker if I ordered the 2.0.
Also, they said they couldn't submit it on the weekend so it would need to wait until Monday.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I was working on this during the week and couldn't make it in until Saturday to do the paperwork. Dealer said they were told this by the Factory Rep on Thursday regarding my build. He said I could get it "substantially" quicker if I ordered the 2.0.
Also, they said they couldn't submit it on the weekend so it would need to wait until Monday.
They are really pushing this 2.0 engine and keep stopping production of the 3.6.

Why make the 2.0 the upgraded engine if you are going to limit the 3.6? Makes no sense. You would think that they would have made the 3.6 the upgrade if they wanted to push the 2.0 on everyone...

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
Take this with a grain of salt but given my understanding of what my dealer (the owner) told me but the production lines will change often due to meeting CAFE standards, which could explain the seemingly yo-yo effect of what is built. The 2.0 is the driver of meeting the CAFE standards. I’m sure there are calculations or algorithms that determine what can be built during a certain time period to meet the standards. That seems to make sense because supply chain issues doesn’t always make sense given some of the builds that get through and exact ones don’t.

Unless an insider with detailed knowledge of the entire process weighs in we probably will never know the entire truth.

Sponsored

OP
OP

GotSnow

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They are really pushing this 2.0 engine and keep stopping production of the 3.6.

Why make the 2.0 the upgraded engine if you are going to limit the 3.6? Makes no sense. You would think that they would have made the 3.6 the upgrade if they wanted to push the 2.0 on everyone...
I sent my build out to 8 dealerships for pricing, got quotes back from 5 without a hassle. Had one tell me they wouldn't even place an order for the 24R-V6/Auto combo.

DezertTitan

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Railroader
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, sure hope they knock that crap off! I finally pulled the trigger on a JLUR with the 3.6 & auto. Still too soon to get a VIN. I've been watching a handful of threads and it seems as some items like painted tops & One-Touch tops are causing individual orders some headache, while others are cruising down the production line.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)

I wonder what the story is with the 3.6? I went to a high volume dealer last week. They had about 40-50 JLs. Every JL on the lot had the 2.0 Turbo. Not a single 3.6. I could not believe it.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Take this with a grain of salt but given my understanding of what my dealer (the owner) told me but the production lines will change often due to meeting CAFE standards, which could explain the seemingly yo-yo effect of what is built. The 2.0 is the driver of meeting the CAFE standards. I’m sure there are calculations or algorithms that determine what can be built during a certain time period to meet the standards. That seems to make sense because supply chain issues doesn’t always make sense given some of the builds that get through and exact ones don’t.

Unless an insider with detailed knowledge of the entire process weighs in we probably will never know the entire truth.
I wonder what the story is with the 3.6? I went to a high volume dealer last week. They had about 40-50 JLs. Every JL on the lot had the 2.0 Turbo. Not a single 3.6. I could not believe it.
As IronScott said, it probably has to do with the government standards. If not, maybe meeting some type of quota. FCA thought the engine would be a hot seller. It is possible that they have a high number of them sitting so they force them on buyers. Conversely, it is possible that there is a shortage of 3.6s to go around. @JlEngineline any idea?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As IronScott said, it probably has to do with the government standards. If not, maybe meeting some type of quota. FCA thought the engine would be a hot seller. It is possible that they have a high number of them sitting so they force them on buyers. Conversely, it is possible that there is a shortage of 3.6s to go around. @JlEngineline any idea?
Maybe it's re-tooling or supplier shortages? It had been announced the JL pick up will only get the 3.6 and diesel so maybe the 3.6 supply has been allocated to it for now? Could also be CAFE? I thought I read someplace the ultimate goal was 70% mild hybrids for the JL to meet CAFE? Or something to the effect?

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Maybe it's re-tooling or supplier shortages? It had been announced the JL pick up will only get the 3.6 and diesel so maybe the 3.6 supply has been allocated to it for now? Could also be CAFE? I thought I read someplace the ultimate goal was 70% mild hybrids for the JL to meet CAFE? Or something to the effect?
All of these are possibilities. I can say first hand my JL, even in stock form, is getting poor gas mileage. I'm getting less than 15mpg. On my JK, with 40s, I was getting 15-16 MPG.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All of these are possibilities. I can say first hand my JL, even in stock form, is getting poor gas mileage. I'm getting less than 15mpg. On my JK, with 40s, I was getting 15-16 MPG.
You have the 3.6 ESS or 2.0? A couple of forum members work at the factory. One of them told me a large number of the warranty problems are due to bad batteries. I thought I remember them saying bad batteries can cause poor mpg?

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
You have the 3.6 ESS or 2.0? A couple of forum members work at the factory. One of them told me a large number of the warranty problems are due to bad batteries. I thought I remember them saying bad batteries can cause poor mpg?
I have the 3.6. The start stop is sketchy and only works sporadically. I turn it off now to avoid it.

Some examples:

1. It doesn't work at all.
2. It will be sporadic working or not.
3. I have had times where I have been sitting a minute or two at a light before it turns the vehicle off.
4. Sometimes I have to press the gas more than once to get it to restart the jeep.

I had ESS on my Grand Cherokee and it worked much better. It was smooth/flawless.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the 3.6. The start stop is sketchy and only works sporadically. I turn it off now to avoid it.

Some examples:

1. It doesn't work at all.
2. It will be sporadic working or not.
3. I have had times where I have been sitting a minute or two at a light before it turns the vehicle off.
4. Sometimes I have to press the gas more than once to get it to restart the jeep.

I had ESS on my Grand Cherokee and it worked much better. It was smooth/flawless.
The forum member I talked to who works at the factory said the ESS battery can cause a lot of problems if bad. I hear Fields Jeep has a few god techs. Maybe take it in?

okie dokie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
And here I thought this was going to be a GoT thread...

(Espesh with OPs username :p)
Sponsored