Sponsored

Is getting Jeep warranty service a local or national problem?

OP
OP

AndrewFerg

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
IMHO Appointments for dropoffs should not be expecting a guaranteed vehicle return that day.
Some dealers offer loaners.
I didn't expect to get if back that day. I expected it to be evaluated / analyzed that day and worked on if the parts were available or for the parts to be ordered. They wouldn't even look at it until the following week. So the appointment was bogus. It was like an appointment to make an appointment with no appointment for actual warranty service.
Sponsored

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
The Dealer that I use for Service work, averages about a week to get into. They are one of the largest Dealers in the Phoenix Metro area. We have approx. 10 Dealers in are area. I think by having so many Dealers, that helps to cut down on waiting time. But once in, getting parts, sometimes becomes a issue. The words back ordered, is used way to often.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
It's a worldwide thing. Here in Canada we are seeing same labour shortage for all aspects. I saw a local Tim Hortons offering a $1500 signing bonus. It's crazy right now. Whenever I hear someone say they can't find a job these days, I literally think to myself that they're obviously lazy. Lol.
My local dealer is really good but they just lost a couple mechanics as well.

Thankfully we don't have that weird thing I heard about in the US where your vehicle has to sit at dealership while waiting for parts to come even though it's perfectly drivable or you'll "lose your spot"

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
I have a 2021 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited Extreme Terrain edition with less than 5k miles on it. It clearly has an alternator problem which of course is a warranty repair.

I called Northwest Jeep near Portland, Oregon for service because I have purchased multiple Jeeps from them over the years. That used to mean something.

The service department said they were very busy and I'd have to wait two weeks for an appointment. That was inconvenient for me as I wanted to be able to use my Jeep and I'm worried about driving it with the alternator going bad, but I made the appointment and didn't drive my car for that period.

I drove out to Northwest Jeep August 4th, 2022 for my scheduled appointment and they informed me that they wouldn't get to my Jeep until late the next week. The service advisor asked, "It's O.K. to leave your Jeep through next week, right?" I replied, "No. I need it looked at today. I have an appointment I've waited two weeks for." Darian (I think was his name) literally replied, “You don’t have an appointment for service, you have an appointment for us to evaluate the car and we won’t be able to get to that until next week.” I kid you not. No apology, no offer to "make this right." It was like being at the DMV.

I asked to speak to the manager and he effectively told me I was lucky to get it in that fast as they are backed-up a month. I looked around and asked if they had phones. He didn't reply. I said, "I can clearly see you have phones, why didn't you call me to tell me you weren't going to honor my appointment?" He had no response. I kid you not. He just stared at me. Horrible customer service.

Obviously, I won't do business with Northwest Jeep again and am trying a different Jeep dealer, and now now my delay in getting the warranty service is approaching five weeks.

My question to all of you is what has been your warranty service experience these days? Is this a local issue or a national problem? Is this a problem with Jeep or are you experiencing it with other brands? With my many other cars, I've never had a problem getting important warranty service in a timely manner.

Northwest Jeep is certainly giving the Jeep brand a bad reputation in the Portland area.
YES…😳

Sponsored

Chris2183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S (Sold) 2021 JLU Willys
Not just low paying jobs, My dentist (who runs a great practice) lost a couple of hygienists and she is having a heck of a time replacing em.
Those hygienists didn't just quit and go sit on their couches. There is something the other offices are offering that your dentist isn't.

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Those hygienists didn't just quit and go sit on their couches. There is something the other offices are offering that your dentist isn't.
They actually changed careers, one went on to get a job as a computer programmer.

Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
Best to keep an extra vehicle around.... find a way 😲
Sponsored