Sponsored

Is FCA Looking to Get More Women Interested in Wranglers?

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
  • Banned
There has always been that female segment of the market that's been as loyal to the Wrangler as to their femininity.

And that, BTW, is just fine by me. Many see the rig as one of the cornerstones to winning War World II, where our finest generation fought to preserve the very freedoms that find Wrangler owners expressing that freedom in the customization of their rigs like no other, and accepting of others to do same, even if in a different direction.

With the recent Celebrity Customs challenge featuring, as 1of its 4 contestants, a woman: Maria Menounos, in a near Bikini* colored JL, I wonder if FCA is trying to widen, or appeal to a widening female purchasing market segment. I don't mean to imply anything about the new color being feminine—I think that color could work for anyone--but FCA did choose to call it Bikini, not “welding torch flame blue,” if you catch my drift.

Thoughts?

* I'm not sure if the fabricators used the FCA official Bikini color or a similar match
Sponsored

OP
OP

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
  • Banned
Sounds like a Soy Boy thinking to much.
True masculinity is defined as treating women as equals and thinking of their needs: whether to capitalize on that market in win-win fashion for profit, or simply because it's the right thing to do.

That "to" takes another "o" genius.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport
Occupation
Highway Dept
That "to" takes another "o" genius.
I identify as a dyslexic in a fluid form of goat cheese. Correcting the way I chose to spell things is oppressing me and is in violation of my rights to feel like a genius.

Sponsored

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
My daughter "can't wait to get" hers. She wants an all-white Sahara. She has another 1.5 years though, and then we still have to find one for the right price....

OP
OP

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
  • Banned
I identify as a dyslexic in a fluid form of goat cheese. Correcting the way I chose to spell things is oppressing me and is in violation of my rights to feel like a genius.
Let me seriously put this in terms you can understand. Then feel free to comment without my retort.

These, seriously, no joke, no sarcasm, are great work product: https://troynemitz.smugmug.com/ . That you have an eye: no doubt.

Now: if you knew me you'd know that if I cared what people thought about me when I don't hurt them then I'd not start this thread. But that said, if someone said, "real men," would be shooting these animals with guns, not cameras, and not taking artsy pictures of them," I would respect your right, even if you weren't offended, to take issue with that.

Clearer?

MeepMeepJeep

First Name
Julia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2015 Wrangler
To the original poster, yes.

Sign me up for a Menounosmobile, that looks like Barbie's Jeep and I want one in that color AND pink. Is that wrong? One to mud in, the other for a mall crawler....

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
I hardly think that women who might take the jeep offroad are going to want a jeep called bikini. Yes your 50 shades reading soccer moms wanting mall crawlers might but women who pride themselves in doing anything a male can do won't. I work with women's pro and collegiate athletes and most would be turned off by the thought of their jeeps color being called bikini.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport
Occupation
Highway Dept
Ok to actually answer the question in the title. No I have not seen any corroborating evidence that FCA is specifically targeting women in any of there advertisements for any of there products.

That is how one would get the most bang for there advertising dollars. Advertise a message that works for all. What is the advantage of separating everything in groups? Just do what is right and appreciated by all.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500
I love Teal. Can't wait to see it on a wrangler. Not everyone is going to like it, there doesn't have to be a reason, it's a color not a lifestyle.:like:

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
There has always been that female segment of the market that's been as loyal to the Wrangler as to their femininity.

And that, BTW, is just fine by me. Many see the rig as one of the cornerstones to winning War World II, where our finest generation fought to preserve the very freedoms that find Wrangler owners expressing that freedom in the customization of their rigs like no other, and accepting of others to do same, even if in a different direction.

With the recent Celebrity Customs challenge featuring, as 1of its 4 contestants, a woman: Maria Menounos, in a near Bikini* colored JL, I wonder if FCA is trying to widen, or appeal to a widening female purchasing market segment. I don't mean to imply anything about the new color being feminine—I think that color could work for anyone--but FCA did choose to call it Bikini, not “welding torch flame blue,” if you catch my drift.

Thoughts?

* I'm not sure if the fabricators used the FCA official Bikini color or a similar match
I'd say that when I first saw the color "bikini" I immediately thought FCA was targeting the female audience. I mean, most men don't wear Bikini's although, many of them like to see females wear them. Either way, it seems to me that the term "bikini" is definitely targeting my gender. Totally agree with you on this.

I wouldn't buy a Teal-looking Jeep because I don't like Teal. I like green, and so that's why I got the Mojito. I also am a bit different from the stereotype of a female that wants a "mall-crawler". Before I bought my Jeep and joined this forum, I had never heard of that term before (I HATE the mall and I'm not a social media junkie that lives for the "what's in" internet lingo; I got better things to do).

I bought a Wrangler because:

#1 I love animals and nature so naturally, a Wrangler is all about that and is capable of being in the wilderness!
#2 I wanted a vehicle that can withstand flood waters in my city and off-road on property that my family owns.
#3 I wanted to own something different from the many clones being driven on the roads, as that's how I've always been...I love being odd, and am extremely comfortable being different.

So just to reply to some of the other comments I'm seeing around these forums about the "misconceptions" of why females are buying Jeep Wranglers, for me it could not be further from the truth...

Last edited:

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
...most would be turned off by the thought of their jeeps color being called bikini.
Feeling this comment...I hate the name "bikini". I actually cringed when I read it...so your comment is spot on.
Sponsored