Sponsored

Is every Jeep dealership in the North East impossible to work with on used Jeeps?

Tjbrlecic1

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
You still have that Silverado because 05 and 06 were the best years for them. Easily hit 500k in that truck. I’m jealous
Bone stock. Original brakes went 297,00 miles, still has the exhaust it came with and pulls my trailers down the road just fine.
The best part is the gear heads are still paying a premium for this truck.

4E911060-2AA2-4D92-87B8-175946C6B934.jpeg
Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
If anyone is still looking for deeply discounted new 2018 JLU, Sahara, and Sport, Cooper Jeep in Richfield Springs has them, 2019 as well, just traded on Gladiator.
The 2018s are Dealer Demos, Warranties start from the date you purchase them...
Kevin Royce 315-858-1350

IMG_20190917_111311372_resized.jpg

IMG_20190917_111254628_resized.jpg

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Short answer: Yes, because they can be. If you REALLY want a Wrangler JL and your current tactics aren't working? Change it up.
I've posted this rant elsewhere, but in short: You need to be smart, leverage your advantages, and be respectful but absolutely ruthless. Don't take any shit.

I say this all the time, maybe not as much on here as I do in other Jeep groups, but- a few things to remember:
1). DO YOUR RESEARCH. 100% the most important part of buying any vehicle, especially something like a Wrangler. The people selling these rarely discount them because they're popular and have an enthusiast market- and if they do, or are advertising a discount? Probably not really a discount.

2). YOU HAVE THE ADVANTAGE. You're the consumer. It's your money. You don't need to buy a Jeep from them. You can buy it from someone else. Or not at all. Jeeps are a dime a dozen and now that JL production is in full swing, you can always get exactly what you want. Will you get it for 30k? probably not. Be reasonable, be respectful, but don't take any crap. Good dealers and sales people will work with you and cut you a break. Bad ones will insist you pay sticker because, well, they suck.

3). USE THE INTERNET. Seriously. hit every single dealer within a 200 mile radius using the Autotrader or CarGurus app. Get a good feel for options and pricing. Do your negotiations by email. I was ruthless, and kind of a prick while shopping. I wouldn't set foot on a lot until i had a ballpark trade value for my old Jeep and a rough idea of how close they could come to my number for my Jeep, and if they couldn't hit that, the conversation was over. (More on that below). Sometimes bad dealers feel if they get you on the lot, they can give you the old press to sell routine and you'll cave. BS. Good dealers will work with you to get the deal done and make sure you're both happy.

4). SET YOUR NUMBER. Once again, be reasonable, but know what you're willing to pay and don't be afraid to walk. I've read a lot of horror stories on here where dealers think they have you because you want to buy a Wrangler, especially a fancy new JL, you'll pay whatever they want; again, BS.

That said: if a 2018 is still there, it's essentially a leftover, as the order banks for 2020 will be opening soon I'm guessing (ordered my '19 in Sept of 2018). Dealers pay taxes and fees in most states on inventory that sits there. There's some other stuff that people way smarter than me could probably explain (Dealer inventory, allocation, etc.. feel free to search for those threads. They made my head spin a little). Many reputable dealers were going with 5-7% below invoice on factory orders when I bought last year. I've heard it's higher now. May want to use that as leverage- "Why would I want this Jeep that's already a year old and has been sitting on the lot when I can get one specifically made for me for cheaper?" kind of thing.

Again, just some points I followed when I was shopping. I always offer, and the offer still stands: I made a Google spreadsheet with a ton of information and just about every metric i could think of when I was shopping. I kept plugging info in and doing price comparisons for invoice vs. MSRP, discounts, and travel if i was going elsewhere to buy. If you (or anyone) wants to check it out, feel free to DM me and I can give you access to the sheet.

Remember, You didn't "lose out" on the Jeep you wanted- you made out by not getting ripped off.

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
Bone stock. Original brakes went 297,00 miles, still has the exhaust it came with and pulls my trailers down the road just fine.
The best part is the gear heads are still paying a premium for this truck.

4E911060-2AA2-4D92-87B8-175946C6B934.jpeg
Man that looks like it’s in great shape! I wanted to buy this 4 years ago but couldn’t justify the premium price. So I bought new instead
Sponsored