Sponsored

Is every Jeep dealership in the North East impossible to work with on used Jeeps?

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Ha, that's where I am doing it!

That's what I did, I literally offered 36,000 + my trade in ($1K) and they said, nope, too far apart. Can't do anything for you. That was my starting point.

Good tip on the trade in. I will do that.

As for the $1,000 thing:

1st time: found the car at 10:15 at night. Had meetings till 1PM the next day. Called the dealership ready to pay full asking, and the car sold at 12:15 that morning.

2nd time: Was calling for the manager to say, hey let's split the difference to get this done. Manager was out that day, so I told the sales person and she said the other manager had to call me back. At the same time, the other manager is selling the car.

In both cases, the price did work, so I don't feel like I am off on where I am, I just feel like Jeep dealership's in specific don't care at all. So I am hoping to find a non Jeep dealership, because that's where I am identifying they want to work with you.

As for the Sahara, they offer some things I prefer that even out when just getting the Sahara over the Sport. No way am I getting a Toyota or something else of the sort. I live by the beach and ski a minimum of 20 days a year in VT with my son. Top off durning the summer, and driving snow covered beat up roads durning the winter. Don't get me wrong, my wife can get the Toyota. I just want the Wrangler.

Ha, no worries bud. Not being a D.

I know how to negotiate. Never been a problem before. I got my wife into a fully loaded Lexus RX350 for $350 a month with $1,500 down. Before that car, she got into a fully loaded Buick Enclave for $350 a month and 0 down. Car Before that a Toyota Highlander at $325 with $1,500 down. All sticker prices $45K and above.

It's definitely not my first rodeo at all.

It's just with these dealers at Jeep specifically, they are pretty much telling me they are not interested. They are like, I will sell the car anyway.

When I call em, I say, I like the blah blah blah you have on the floor. I have $36,000 to buy the car now, so can you do something? Then they say I don't know, blah blah blah. I ask for their manager, and get what ever bullshit manager. Same song and dance. So on and so forth. BUT ONLY AT THE JEEP DEALERSHIPS. I am about to go to my bank with and take out $36,000 in cash and show up at the dealership, and be like, you see this, you wanna sell me the damn car or not?

TBH, with new cars, I can negotiate the shit out of it. With these used JLs, these Jeep dealers think they are sitting on gold.

As for the 18s. the dealership literally 10 miles from the dealer I called, had 7 18's sitting on lot. My issue has more to do with looking for a specific package / configuration.
Get the Wrangler,come up to Sugarbush, and we'll take a few runs together :like:
Sponsored

OP
OP

Alucard77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Get the Wrangler,come up to Sugarbush, and we'll take a few runs together :like:
Usually do a trip in Dec with Family and Friemds. We were talking Jay Peak for this year, but forgot about Sugarbush!

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Usually do a trip in Dec with Family and Friemds. We were talking Jay Peak for this year, but forgot about Sugarbush!
I suppose the water park is a big draw for the kids, all we have here is skiing .

OP
OP

Alucard77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
I suppose the water park is a big draw for the kids, all we have here is skiing .
Nah, I was doing Jay Peak because of how North it is and how early in the season it would be. When I first took my son skiing we went to Camelback just in case he didn't take to it. He wanted nothing to do with Camelback and skiied none stop. We didn't even touch the water park.

Now, Camelback is a pretty easy mountain, but man, skiing from 10A - 8PM for 3 days with an 8 year old shows you your not a kid any more. My legs were dying!

Sponsored

anotherWS6

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jebadiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
Yeah, gotta be because they are used. Dealers make hiiiiigh margins off of used vehicles and the Wranglers are o exception I'm sure. Sad, because wherever the F these 1 year old vehicles are coming from, whoever is getting rid of them is getting royally screwed too.

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
Yeah, it's pretty crazy. The thing is, I am noticing that Jeep dealers pretty much say screw you. Meanwhile, I have spoken to 4 separate dealerships (Chevy, 2 BMW and Dodge) and all of those guys wanted to get rid of trade ins they got. They were all willing to work with me. We didn't agree on price, but they were willing to wiggle.

I think I am just defeated knowing, I first have to find the car I want again, then negotiate the car again. I don't even feel like the figure I am offering is offensive. I am literally like $1,000 of where we settle in at, and they act like that $1K is the grand canyon of prices.

Also, kind of hurts that I lost 2 cars within a day of getting them, and those cars were sitting with the dealerships for like a month and I some how missed them. It's pretty exhausting.

What did you end up paying, and what extras did it have? I am looking to be at like $36 or $36.5K.

So this is what I always do. This has worked for all my wife's cars. But with Jeep, specifically at Jeep dealerships, they don't give a damn. I literally had a "manager" on the phone, where I said, here is the link to THE EXACT car you have at $1,000 less. She said, nope, I have no wiggle room. Then she said something about her manager. Meanwhile I asked to speak to the main manager at the shop, as I was ready to buy today.

I can't wait for her phone call at the end of the month when that car is sitting there and she asks me if I still want it. I am highly debating if I want to be a complete jerk to her. I think I will keep it simple and tell her that I don't want to work with her and would like to work with the final manager that makes the finalized decisions.

I think with it being mid month, none of these guys care. Especially at Jeep.

In terms of the huge numbers JL are selling at, I was reading two separate articles that there are JLs sitting on many lots. I know that for sure because I have 10 dealerships calling me for new JLs, and I told all of them, if they don't do -8% of invoice, I will just work on a group buy from here. But even then the -8% for the spec vehicle I want is still like $7K over the price of used.

With that savings, I want to lift the Jeep and do other fun things with it. That's why I am suffering through the used buying process.

Thanks for the tip, I will reach out to them to see what they have.
I paid 12.17% under MSRP. Others have reported even better deals on leftovers, but those usually involve the higher end models which have more margin where as I got a 6 spd 3.6 straight Sport.

mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software
Sad, because wherever the F these 1 year old vehicles are coming from, whoever is getting rid of them is getting royally screwed too.
Most that I have seen on Long Island are service loaners. I found one optioned out Rubicon that someone purchased and traded in within the first month because they didn't like it.

There are some at used car lots here that have come from fleet sales (rental companies it seems). I have even seen a few that I think are repossessed vehicles.

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 4XE, 20 C8, 20 Indian, 55 Studebaker truck
One thing to note - don't focus exclusively on price. On a brand new jeep where they are all the same its a pure numbers game.

On a used vehicle make sure the condition, maintenance records, etc are all taken into account. I'd happily pay more to get a jeep that I have full maintenance records and history on compared to one where i might wander if they ever did any maintenance at all.

OP
OP

Alucard77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Try Cooper Jeep in Richfield Springs, NY 13439, they have several 2018 Saharas, deeply discounted, no Gimmicks, very easy to deal with. Ask for Kevin Royce . 315-858-1350. MSRP $48,420 , sale price $39,995 for examp!e. A manual Sport, list $42,600 sale $36,600.
Small dealership, no games that I see others complain about. Easy to reach from NYS Thruway

IMG_20190912_122114562_HDR_resized.jpg

IMG_20190912_122046925_HDR_resized.jpg
Holy shit dude, I love you. I just closed on a deal on one of these bad boys. Was pretty much exactly what I was looking for, but didn't have the cold weather group. No biggie. It's $250 a seat if I ever care to get it. Going to do the 4 hour drive there, get the car, do the hall of fame with my son and do the happiest 4 hour drive back I have ever done! Excited as all hell right now!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Sponsored

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holy shit dude, I love you. I just closed on a deal on one of these bad boys. Was pretty much exactly what I was looking for, but didn't have the cold weather group. No biggie. It's $250 a seat if I ever care to get it. Going to do the 4 hour drive there, get the car, do the hall of fame with my son and do the happiest 4 hour drive back I have ever done! Excited as all hell right now!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
Fantastic ! Wtg ! Congrats, enjoy that ride. You worked hard for it. Which one did you get ?

OP
OP

Alucard77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Thanks so much for the well wishes guys.

I will take pics in the next couple of days to post. Already seeing if I can take the top down before the weekend as well. Have to do at least one ride that way!

Not to mention I already have a plan for saving for the lift kit and the 35s. Hopefully my baby gets new shoes by the same time next year!